2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Lakers front office is a real train-wreck. Total dumpster fire.  This has nothing to do with Bron.  Unless it is because we are blaming Bron for the Lakers not being world champions this year. Magic never wanted to put in the work necessary to be a president, but always wanted the glory to go with it.  This just wasn't what he signed up for and now that things are getting hard I think he just realizes that it isn't for him.  

They also have the worst GM in the game as well. Literally no front office in the game wants to work with Pelinka...Magic had to do all the negotiations given how much the rest of the league despises their current GM.  

They do have LBJ though so that still puts them in a favorable position.  

Next on the news....Lakers give Jerry West blank check to lead the reorganization of their front office. Of course they'll have to outbit Ballmer, but the brightest executive in professional sports (Jerry West) is a free agent. Basketball savant.  Too old to run day to day of being a president but still the exact mind any owner would want on payroll. 

Magic's obsession with getting Lonzo Ball and LeBron James cost the Lakers the following:

D'Angelo Russell
Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr.
Brook Lopez 
Julius Randle
Ivan Zubac

Instead of Lonzo Ball they could have taken Jayson Tatum.

Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma were all alienated after the AD saga.

Then you have the Big Baller Brand drama on top of everything else.

8 hours ago, Quin said:

Magic's obsession with getting Lonzo Ball and LeBron James cost the Lakers the following:

D'Angelo Russell
Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr.
Brook Lopez 
Julius Randle
Ivan Zubac

Instead of Lonzo Ball they could have taken Jayson Tatum.

Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma were all alienated after the AD saga.

Then you have the Big Baller Brand drama on top of everything else.

I actually don't think they could have taken Tatum. If Boston thought that LAL would take Tatum, they would have just stayed at #1 and taken him instead of trading the pick to Philly. They made the trade because they knew they could get Tatum at #3 

The Lopez/Randle/Zubac stuff was the worst moves. Russell is still kind of a weird player and you really have to credit Brooklyn, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brooklyn doesn't match if Russell gets an offer.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

The Lopez/Randle/Zubac stuff was the worst moves. Russell is still kind of a weird player and you really have to credit Brooklyn, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brooklyn doesn't match if Russell gets an offer.

They also had to trade Russell to get off the mozgov contract 

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I actually don't think they could have taken Tatum. If Boston thought that LAL would take Tatum, they would have just stayed at #1 and taken him instead of trading the pick to Philly. They made the trade because they knew they could get Tatum at #3 

Oh right. Forgot Boston knew he'd be at 3 and traded back.

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

Paxson post-mortem:...SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!!!

Blah blah financial flexibility blah culture blah blah ability to add at a later date blah blah culture blah we really like our coach 

END