2018-2019 Official NBA thread

37 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

We are doin a rebuild.   If it works, AWESOME SO COOL.

if it doesn't work, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The lack of accountability in both organizations is astounding. 

• Like 1

Some reports out there that the Bulls have talked to the Lakers about Ball (or vice versa).  I've long said that Ball would be a very good fit for the Bulls and worth the risk. His value is at an all time low given the fact that he hasn't stayed on the court.  That said, point guards take time to develop and I've watched enough of him to think there is some big upside still there. His vision as a passer is elite and defensively he has the ability to be the same. The jumper may not come around but he was never that bad of a shooter in college so despite his form I think he has a better ability to at least be able to hit a spot up 3 and if you combine that with his ability to get in the paint and create, that should work.  

I'm thinking Dunn plus future picks or something and it gives the Lakers extra cap space.  Lakers probably don't do it, but you never know.  

dunn probably has negative value at this point. I don't see it happening unless it somehow becomes part of a 3 team trade for AD and Ball truly forces his way out of the NoLa part.

Would not be against it, I do love his defense and passing. Getting Jrue holiday would be nice even though it would max out the cap next few years, but I am pretty sure he will net a much prettier package than bulls would give up.

Just now, bmags said:

dunn probably has negative value at this point. I don't see it happening unless it somehow becomes part of a 3 team trade for AD and Ball truly forces his way out of the NoLa part.

Would not be against it, I do love his defense and passing. Getting Jrue holiday would be nice even though it would max out the cap next few years, but I am pretty sure he will net a much prettier package than bulls would give up.

Jrue Holliday makes the team better, but him and Porter are just one too many good but overpaid players to have, imo. Than again, you never know where you could flip said player when you ultimately need to take another step forward.  Its just a lot of money to have tied up to a guy who isn't top 10 at his respective position (albeit he's right on that border and has had his own health issues in the past).  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Jrue Holliday makes the team better, but him and Porter are just one too many good but overpaid players to have, imo. Than again, you never know where you could flip said player when you ultimately need to take another step forward.  Its just a lot of money to have tied up to a guy who isn't top 10 at his respective position (albeit he's right on that border and has had his own health issues in the past).  

Jrue is a top 10 point guard for sure.

It's definitely what you said, but I just don't see it mattering. Porter will be a huge expiring the year after next, and jrue is good. It will definitely max the bulls out as like a 5 seed optimistically but not sure what else they will do.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Some reports out there that the Bulls have talked to the Lakers about Ball (or vice versa).  I've long said that Ball would be a very good fit for the Bulls and worth the risk. His value is at an all time low given the fact that he hasn't stayed on the court.  That said, point guards take time to develop and I've watched enough of him to think there is some big upside still there. His vision as a passer is elite and defensively he has the ability to be the same. The jumper may not come around but he was never that bad of a shooter in college so despite his form I think he has a better ability to at least be able to hit a spot up 3 and if you combine that with his ability to get in the paint and create, that should work.  

I'm thinking Dunn plus future picks or something and it gives the Lakers extra cap space.  Lakers probably don't do it, but you never know.  

Ball would be a good fit. Not a super high usage rate, good passing, defensive upside.

Sadly, I imagine the Lakers would want someone like Wendell. 

Edit: Just double checked Ball's shooting numbers. I don't think you could honestly offer anything other than Dunn and the Grizzlies' 2nd rounder.

14 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

*Let's at least see where the lottery pick winds up before we start projecting our needs* (walks out after being annoying but apparently necessary)

Honestly I don't think it matters.

Props to sixers for dominating comeback, but boy I love watching Brooklyn play anyway.

Clips too. But for me I'm just waiting around for when Milwaukee has their first real series tos ee what happens. Kinda bummed at how TOR has played so far.

Just now, bmags said:

Honestly I don't think it matters.

If point guard is our weakness, well, the likely #2 pick would fill that role quite well. Not much need to look at the trade or FA market if you wound up moving up a little, and the Bulls have a 25% shot at that pick or better. 

• Like 1