2018-2019 Official NBA thread

12 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

And when healthy last year (which admittedly was very rare), the Bulls were better than the 7 and 8 seeds 

When healthy, Nate Jones is a really good relief pitcher. The problem is they are never all healthy. I don’t know why anyone can conclude suddenly health will no longer be an issue. 

6 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Well tomorrow we get screwed with the 4th pick in the draft. 

It’s gonna be interesting.  Not the show, the show will be boring, but doing tankathon it’s wild how crazy the new percentages make the results. 

In terms of draft, it’s either top 2 or bust. Really doesn’t feel like there’s a difference between 4 and 8

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

When healthy, Nate Jones is a really good relief pitcher. The problem is they are never all healthy. I don’t know why anyone can conclude suddenly health will no longer be an issue. 

The bulls health issues were manufactured.   They sat those guys in the last few months to guarantee a better draft position

3 hours ago, Brian said:

I obviously want the Bulls to get #1 but my 2nd choice is "Anyone but the Knicks".

Same. But have to say I've actually grown sympathetic to knicks fans of late. Crazy how garden can still be so much fun with the crap they watch.

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Almost getting mentally prepared for us to pick 7th in all honesty. 

There's not much difference this year anyway. Morant is fine but you either get Zion or you hopefully just get a starter this year.

6 hours ago, bmags said:

It’s gonna be interesting.  Not the show, the show will be boring, but doing tankathon it’s wild how crazy the new percentages make the results. 

In terms of draft, it’s either top 2 or bust. Really doesn’t feel like there’s a difference between 4 and 8

I feel like Barrett and Culver could still be key pieces of a jumbo lineup, but it's way, WAY riskier than Zion or Ja. 

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I feel like Barrett and Culver could still be key pieces of a jumbo lineup, but it's way, WAY riskier than Zion or Ja. 

They just feel like they would have been drafted 14-20 last year though don't they?

I think I'm with you that if they drafted Garland that would be my favorite. I think they probably should take barrett at 3 though.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

They just feel like they would have been drafted 14-20 last year though don't they?

I think I'm with you that if they drafted Garland that would be my favorite. I think they probably should take barrett at 3 though.

I think if you get 3 but you're set on Garland, try to trade back.

As for last year's draft - I think Barrett gets taken at 9 to the Knicks over Knox and Culver would go at 10 to the Sixers. But last year was also a stacked draft.

Teams that I would be excited to get Zion:

Atlanta

Memphis

New Orleans

Teams I would be neutral about:

Charlotte

Dallas

Minnesota

Teams I would hate:

Cleveland

Phoenix

Knicks

Wizards

Lakers

Heat

Please please please end up moving up in and/or winning the lottery.  That said, I'm assuming the Bulls will have the 8th pick.  

Separately, there is a rumor out there that if the Bulls don't end up top 3, they will be looking at potentially flipping the pick, with Cowley indicating potential swap for Lonzo Ball (presumably, say 4th overall pick for Ball plus Lakers pick (i.e., 11th overall).  If they don't jump up, I would hope the Bulls explore all options and get creative at what they could do. Partly because there is a drop in talent, but also because I genuinely believe the Bulls biggest strength as a front office is their ability to draft and If we could get someone like Ball and still have a solid 1st round pick, I like there chances of making it worthwhile.  

That said, winning the lottery would be a total game changer to the entire perception around this franchise, imo.  I actually think the Bulls would have more to gain than the Knicks (since they are very clearly going to land a game changing free agent or two).  

I would probably do that. if you walked away with like ball and brandon clarke or coby white that would be pretty exciting. Or if bol bol fell.

But I don't know how much more I like that then darius garland.

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'd hate the Suns winning, only because Sarver getting anything good is frustrating.

On the flipside, that's actually a scenario where I can see the Bulls getting Morant at #3.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

lol that would be hilarious but I really doubt that's anything.

Don't teams know well in advance?

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Teams that I would be excited to get Zion:

Atlanta

Memphis

New Orleans

Teams I would be neutral about:

Charlotte

Dallas

Minnesota

Teams I would hate:

Cleveland

Phoenix

Knicks

Wizards

Lakers

Heat

If the Pelicans got Zion, any way Davis would decide to stay?

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'd hate the Suns winning, only because Sarver getting anything good is frustrating.

On the flipside, that's actually a scenario where I can see the Bulls getting Morant at #3.

Don't teams know well in advance?

If they do, they fake it really well when it's televised