2018-2019 Official NBA thread

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Lucky for him all he’ll be asked to do is past to the post and “let them pound the rock with great spirit”.

I hate that they extended Boylen. I'm hoping Chris Fleming can bring something to the table towards revamping the offense. 

Forgot to include this in the mock: 

38. Bulls - Admiral Schofield 

Schofield is a perfect fit if he doesn't become cash considerations. Big wingspan and can defend, can hit the 3.

Obviously this sucks and the Bulls need all the luck they can get but of the four teams currently in the Conference Finals there’s exactly one top 5 pick playing (Durant). Brooks Lopez is the only lottery pick starter in the ECF and he was at 10. I feel like people overrate draft position.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bmags said:

Worked out for both sides, but the mavs traded the 10th overall pick in a trash draft and got a star in Doncic. Sigh.

I can't stand that the Bulls winning that coin toss gave them the 7th pick. Losing the coin toss, they walk away with Doncic.

Anyway, at this point it looks like the Bulls are destined to get Coby White. Trying to convince myself that he'll be fine, kind of like last season with Wendell, which ended up working out.

Reading The Ringer's draft guide on him makes me feel a little better as someone who didn't catch many UNC games.

Also wondering what the hell the Bulls end up doing with Dunn. I'm wondering if they could swing a deal for a 2nd rounder and snatch Darius Bazley to try and get some home run potential/front court depth in the second.

This just sucks, because now the question becomes: Can Lauri and LaVine lead a supporting cast of Porter-Carter-White-Valentine-Hutchinson and some free agents into at least the second round? It's basically the ceiling of the Baby Bulls.

30 minutes ago, Quin said:

I can't stand that the Bulls winning that coin toss gave them the 7th pick. Losing the coin toss, they walk away with Doncic.

Anyway, at this point it looks like the Bulls are destined to get Coby White. Trying to convince myself that he'll be fine, kind of like last season with Wendell, which ended up working out.

Reading The Ringer's draft guide on him makes me feel a little better as someone who didn't catch many UNC games.

Also wondering what the hell the Bulls end up doing with Dunn. I'm wondering if they could swing a deal for a 2nd rounder and snatch Darius Bazley to try and get some home run potential/front court depth in the second.

This just sucks, because now the question becomes: Can Lauri and LaVine lead a supporting cast of Porter-Carter-White-Valentine-Hutchinson and some free agents into at least the second round? It's basically the ceiling of the Baby Bulls.

The question is can Lauri and lavine and a supporting cast of John Paxson free agents make the 8th seed. 

Talent wise hard to picture them near a second round that this year featured Celtics/bucks/raps/76ers. They are closer to Orlando than Brooklyn, and feel so far from even the pacers. 

Very, very little depth. Those teams are all closer to 10 deep. Bulls are 4 deep.

Mully and Haugh interviewed Paxson this morning, podcast isn't up yet but I encourage you to listen to it when it gets posted

maybe listen in a room where there are no sharp objects 

Just now, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Reinsdorf is the worst thing to happen to Chicago sports

Eh, 7 rings is far from the worst thing. While Jordan was already on the team, a team still needed to be put in place around him. Post-Rose injury when the Bulls just stopped trying, I'll give you. 

I'm afraid they try to trade the #7 for Jrue. I'd rather they just pay up for Brogdon, then draft Bol Bol.

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

Eh, 7 rings is far from the worst thing. While Jordan was already on the team, a team still needed to be put in place around him. Post-Rose injury when the Bulls just stopped trying, I'll give you. 

I'm afraid they try to trade the #7 for Jrue. I'd rather they just pay up for Brogdon, then draft Bol Bol.

Naw Jrue would be peeerfect for bulls, and I don't think Pels are into trading jrue anymore.

It's going to be for conley if anyone.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Naw Jrue would be peeerfect for bulls, and I don't think Pels are into trading jrue anymore.

It's going to be for conley if anyone.

It's not the fit I'm worried about. It's the contract, age, and giving up a pick which could add depth/potential when we can just use the cap space to go hard after Brogdon.*

This is assuming Brogdon would take the best offer on the table.

Conley is definitely the worst case scenario.  

1 hour ago, Quin said:

It's not the fit I'm worried about. It's the contract, age, and giving up a pick which could add depth/potential when we can just use the cap space to go hard after Brogdon.*

This is assuming Brogdon would take the best offer on the table.

Conley is definitely the worst case scenario.  

Jrue Holiday >>> 7th pick. I've stopped caring about cap space considering nobody will want to sign with this coach/org. Jrue's decline the next 3 years will be nothing. 

Holiday/Lavine/Porter/Markannen/WCJ is good.

It will be interesting to see what the team does. I have to think trading the 7th pick is on the table and obviously they are going to look at free agency to get them better (but they are highly unlikely to be players for any of the big guys). The one potential exception would be Kemba.  

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It will be interesting to see what the team does. I have to think trading the 7th pick is on the table and obviously they are going to look at free agency to get them better (but they are highly unlikely to be players for any of the big guys). The one potential exception would be Kemba.  

The defense would be so hilarious.

I have a hard time believing kemba would take a 20 mill deal to the bulls, because Charlotte should absolutely be able to pull him for more money at that point.