2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Reddit just held it's Mock Draft, and their Bulls GM walked out like bandit. It's always fun to see stuff like this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/comments/bta1ru/official_sub_mock_draft_results/

Trade #1: Hawks get Mozgov, Pick #17 / Magic get Antonio Blakeney / Bulls get Taurean Prince, Evan Fournier, Pick #41, Pick #46, Orlando 2020 2nd, Orlando 2021 2nd

Trade #2: Bulls get Evan Turner, Pick #25 / Trail Blazers get Evan Fournier

Trade #3: Bulls get Pick #33 / Celtics get Pick #38, Pick #46

Then they drafted:

#7 - Culver

#25 - Gafford

#33 - Grant Williams

#41 - Shamorie Ponds

If only 2nd rounders meant anything other than $$$ to the Bulls.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:29 PM, bmags said:

4 for $65

I am going to revise this for the record. I was going through the free agents and last years and he is definitely going to require $20 plus to scare away bucks and others. Maybe even up to $23, and I think he is worth that to a bulls like team.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm glad that there were some internal Lakers people with the same thoughts as everyone else.

"We all had the same reaction that the basketball world did, like what the f--- are we doing? Not only are we not getting shooting, but we're also getting every basket case left on the market."

And this amazing excerpt on LeGM

In November, NBA commissioner Adam Silver and Maverick Carter, LeBron's longtime business partner, met for lunch. James' agent, Rich Paul, was seated at a nearby table, and at one point, approached Silver to complain about Walton, multiple sources familiar with the interaction told ESPN. Paul said he didn't believe Walton was the right coach for the Lakers. Silver shrugged off the remark and asked whom Paul thought would be the right coach. Paul suggested Tyronn Lue.

Paul was also letting it be known through back-channel conversations, including those with reporters, that he wasn't on board with Walton. Paul criticized how Walton allotted minutes to players and his inconsistent lineups, which were partly the result of injuries and suspensions. Members of the Lakers' coaching staff became aware of those conversations and wondered whether Johnson's heated meeting with Walton was influenced by Paul.

"Coaches know Rich is trying to get them fired, and players know Rich is trying to get them traded."

Like, does he want Silver to fire a coach?

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm glad that there were some internal Lakers people with the same thoughts as everyone else.

And this amazing excerpt on LeGM

Like, does he want Silver to fire a coach?

That was so weird.

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I agree but Garpax 

Even for them. That's just an insane rockets fanboy trade.

Yes, lets acquire 40 million a year in salary for a 34 year old player that can play 50 games a year and give one of our top young pieces.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Even for them. That's just an insane rockets fanboy trade.

Yes, lets acquire 40 million a year in salary for a 34 year old player that can play 50 games a year and give one of our top young pieces.

We are going to get younger and more athletic

20686F76-6363-4F89-9D04-26BF6D09E3C2.jpeg

• Haha 1