2018-2019 Official NBA thread

What a stupid trade it would be. Would only be justifiable if LaVine is greatly overpaid and it's hard to see how his play last year would have changed the front office's view from "he's worth this contract" to "he's not." The value of moving from 7 to 4 in this draft is very small.

23 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

That team will be fun to watch, but I have a feeling Griffin is not done wheelin

I think the Bulls and Pelicans are going to work something out around Lavine for Ball+. What the plus is, I have no idea. 

LaVar is gonna orchestrate a trade out of NO. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

26 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

New Orleans has a waaaay better future than the Bulls.

That's what happens when your generational superstar doesn't obliterate his legs and you win another generational talent.

I imagine New Orleans trades #4 to the Hawks for #8 and #10 to shore up their front court behind Zion and Randle.

If I'm reading this right...the Pelicans got pick swaps...for the years they didn't get first rounders?

Cause Stepien rule would mean they'd be getting firsts in 2019, 2021, 2023.

There's no way they got 4 pick swaps, right?

57 minutes ago, Quin said:

If I'm reading this right...the Pelicans got pick swaps...for the years they didn't get first rounders?

Cause Stepien rule would mean they'd be getting firsts in 2019, 2021, 2023.

There's no way they got 4 pick swaps, right?

Somehow that's believably insane. 

3 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Lakers window is potentially very small.  Not sure how this makes any sense for them.

Lakers believe that they can lure top FAs. AD will sign long term, then they just need to recruit guys there. Besides for this year, they likely believe most of those picks are going to middle first round picks.

I know Im on the other side here, but If I was NO Id have looked for something different. 

Lonzo has a lot of talent but can't shoot. His free throw percentage is ridiculous,  so having him in at the end of games as a primary ball handler is scary. And you get his dad. Stars win. Unless it's a guy like AD who is going to flee, IMO, whoever gets the best player in an NBA trade wins the trade 95% of the time.

34 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Lonzo has a lot of talent but can't shoot. His free throw percentage is ridiculous,  so having him in at the end of games as a primary ball handler is scary. And you get his dad. Stars win. Unless it's a guy like AD who is going to flee, IMO, whoever gets the best player in an NBA trade wins the trade 95% of the time.

Thing is, when the "AD is the next great Lakers big man" photos were going around social media, I felt like they were missing the guy they were so ready to anoint last time.

BBUpiM_CUAAfS_f.jpg

They won't have max cap, so no Kemba.

538 broke down where they stand - and it's uncertain territory. Way more uncertain than you'd like for having AD and LeBron.

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

Bulls are supposedly extremely high on him (as are the Hawks).  Lots of info out there though so who knows.  Team could dangle Dunn plus 7 to move up a couple spots and Hawks have 3 1st rounders that they can play with to move around.