2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Will Bol Bol be there. Is he the type of guy the Bulls would take a flyer on?  

He is available and I doubt it.  Dude is weak as hell.  He will get pushed around in the NBA.  This is why he has dropped so much.  The mock drafts were a joke with him so high.

5 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I envy the Pels. They turned Anthony Davis into Ball, Ingram, Hart, Hayes, NAW, plus potentially 3 first round picks, 2 first round swaps, 35th pick coming up, and shredded Hill’s $14m contract in the process.

Oh and winning the Zion lottery with the 9th worst record is pretty nice too

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He is available and I doubt it.  Dude is weak as hell.  He will get pushed around in the NBA.  This is why he has dropped so much.  The mock drafts were a joke with him so high.

I'm going to guess his medicals don't look good at all.  I wonder if he regrets staying in the draft.  

As tempting as Bol Bol was, clearly NBA teams know something bad is going on with him. 

Some mocks had Gafford in the late first after he was a projected late first/second rounder last year.

The Ringer can put it better:

An unheralded high school prospect who has emerged as an ideal, high-energy center.

SHADES OF: Clint Capela, Willie Cauley-Stein, JaVale McGee

PLUSES
  • Explosive lob threat who finishes strong against contact and draws a lot of fouls; Arkansas rarely ran pick-and-roll, but that’ll be his primary skill in the NBA.
  • Displays fluidity that could translate into greater pick-and-roll upside if his ballhandling and touch develop.
  • Excellent on-ball and off-ball screener who displays an understanding of timing and angles.
  • Relentless rebounder.
  • Grinds hard defending man-to-man, plus has terrific shot-blocking instincts from the weak side and on the perimeter.
MINUSES
  • Partially tore his meniscus in high school.
  • Nonthreat outside of the paint due to average touch and funky shot form; he’s also a poor free throw shooter.
  • Lacks passing vision.
  • Heavy feet defending on the perimeter, which limits his effectiveness on a switch. His lean frame and average length also limits him against beefy centers.
  • Commits too many careless fouls biting for pump fakes, reaching, and attempting to block shots he has no chance at.

This team is going to run a lot.

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

I still think they should try to add Brogdon then maybe Ed Davis.

They definitely need vets, but I see that need more on the wing side. No way the Bulls should enter the Brogdon bidding, he's going to get a 20m offer sheet for sure. I'd be surprised if someone eats Kris Dunn, so he's likely our expensive backup point - though I did hear Bulls are still interested in Beverley as a stopgap vet.

6 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

They definitely need vets, but I see that need more on the wing side. No way the Bulls should enter the Brogdon bidding, he's going to get a 20m offer sheet for sure. I'd be surprised if someone eats Kris Dunn, so he's likely our expensive backup point - though I did hear Bulls are still interested in Beverley as a stopgap vet.

Oh no we wouldn't have money to go after premium free agents.

• Haha 1

Also from The Ringer:

White could be the final piece on an interesting young lineup in Chicago. They took two young big men (Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr.) with the no. 7 overall picks in the last two drafts, and acquired Zach LaVine and Otto Porter Jr. in trades. This group could be better than the sum of its parts. White is an extremely athletic guard with great size for his position (6-foot-5, 191 pounds) as well as the ability to make plays and shoot 3s off the dribble. The big knock on him is that he’s not an elite playmaker, but he may not have to be that type of player when he’s next to so many other good passers in Chicago. His shooting ability may already make him a better fit than Kris Dunn. White makes them better next season while also giving them another chance to find a star.

White, like Culver, rose up draft boards over the course of the season. He wasn’t originally supposed to be a one-and-done player, but it didn’t take long for him to show that he was the best prospect on a North Carolina team that had two other players (Cam Johnson and Nas Little) taken in the first round. White, a speed demon who pushes the pace at every opportunity, is a classic Roy Williams point guard. What makes him such an intriguing prospect is that he combines that speed with great size for the position (6-foot-5 and 185 pounds) and a good 3-point shot (35.3 percent on 6.6 attempts per game).

One of the knocks on White coming into the draft was that he might not be ready to run an NBA offense. He can make highlight-reel passes, but he’s still a score-first guard who can get out of control at times. Few coaches at the next level will give White as much freedom as he had under Williams. Bulls head coach Jim Boylen certainly won’t. The good news for White is that while his NBA coach may not be the best fit for his game, his teammates are. Markkanen is an even more prolific 3-point shooter than Towns: He shot 36.1 percent from 3 on 6.4 attempts per game last season, the most of any 7-footer in the league. White will be playing in spacing nirvana next to Markkanen.

It’s not just Markkanen, either. White will be the rare rookie point guard taken in the lottery who starts his NBA career with a lot of talent around him. Zach LaVine and Otto Porter Jr. are knockdown 3-point shooters, while Wendell Carter Jr. showed flashes of the ability to stretch the floor in a promising rookie season. The Bulls could run a five-out offense with shooters at every position. Porter and Carter, two of the better frontcourt passers in the league, can also take some of the playmaking pressure off White. He won’t have to do everything on offense. He can play off the ball and count on his veteran teammates to create open shots for him.

White is a much better fit with their starters than Kris Dunn, a streaky outside shooter who can’t threaten the defense without the ball. Everything has to go through Dunn when he is in. White, on the other hand, is an excellent spot-up shooter who should be able to succeed in a smaller role in the offense. The Bulls don’t need their point guard to dominate the ball. They have two of the most skilled young big men in the NBA and two wings who can score in LaVine and Porter. For as much criticism as they have received during their rebuild over the last few seasons, they suddenly have one of the most interesting young cores in the league.

• Like 1