2018-2019 Official NBA thread

This is a really nice pick and the rosters is filling up nicely to be a solid team.  I'd go sign Taj and Beverly to 1+1 deals for veteran leadership and bench strength and go into next year with a plan to be solid.  It seems the Bulls view is to continue to build these pieces into a good team (and they definitely seem to have the makings of that as these players develop over the next couple years) while maintaining flexibility to trade for bigger fish and/or retaining salary cap for the 2021 off-season (i.e., 2 full off-season's away) where they would be looking at an ability to make some major moves (as long as they didn't do anything to tie up cap space).  Basically any major moves they do have to be before they pay Lauri (who hopefully is playing like a guy who deserves that payday).  

Could the as-is roster become more than solid...sure, but Lavine is probably the guy who would have to develop into a superstar and White has yet to play a game so I'll wave all expectations of him.  The overall fit of the guys seems very nice (WCJ, Lauri, Porter, Lavine, White).  White is going to be a good running make and while he isn't a huge playmaker (at least not yet), he can shoot, run the floor, and finish at the hoop. His ability to spread the floor is huge as WCJ is really the only guy who can't shoot the 3 ball in that projected lineup and while he can't do it, he certainly has the form and stroke to be okay at it, which means, spacing should be fantastic as the team develops (again...I'm not necessarily projecting next year but as the young players develop).  

I like it.  

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Little dropping like crazy.  Bulls have the 32nd pick too right?  Any chance to trade up and grab White’s teammate?

38th pick.  If I were them I'd see what it would take to move up if they saw someone they liked still on the board (say a Bol Bol or whomever).  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

38th pick.  If I were them I'd see what it would take to move up if they saw someone they liked still on the board (say a Bol Bol or whomever).  

Nassir Little just went to the Trail Blazers at #25.  They all think this is a steal cuz Little is top 10 talent.

Bol Bol is dropping cuz he will get pushed around in the NBA.  7’2” and 208 pounds?  😂

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Nassir Little just went to the Trail Blazers at #25.  They all think this is a steal cuz Little is top 10 talent.

Bol Bol is dropping cuz he will get pushed around in the NBA.  7’2” and 208 pounds?  😂

Oh yeah...I figured no chance Little was going to last that far. Little is a great pick for the Blazers, imo.  

51 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

But couldn't an NBA training team easily get him up in weight? If he's there at 38, I really hope they take a chance. He'd be a better pick than Hutchinson, Valentine,  and really, any of their draft picks since 2011 not taken with a 7th overall pick.