2018-2019 Official NBA thread

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Only the Bulls.

I don't get it? Why is this "only the bulls". What did they do that is so bad? They are committed to paying what they view as a reasonable price for Nwaba and if he gets overpaid / too much, they aren't going to pay it and offer a different path.  Part of this is negotiation but part of it is pure strategy and ensuring that David Nwaba isn't the reason you don't have 2 max spots next year.  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't get it? Why is this "only the bulls". What did they do that is so bad? They are committed to paying what they view as a reasonable price for Nwaba and if he gets overpaid / too much, they aren't going to pay it and offer a different path.  Part of this is negotiation but part of it is pure strategy and ensuring that David Nwaba isn't the reason you don't have 2 max spots next year.  

What is the best you are going to get for him? A 2nd round pick? This is a team that sells 2nd round picks because apparently $100 million a year in profit isn’t enough.

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

While I love Nwaba, the answer you're looking for here is "only Bulls fans"

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'm with you.  We don't have any reason to blame GarPax on Nwaba yet.  Though the key word is "yet" - I still have zero faith in them until they start making moves that prove they are capable of building a winner.  But we'll see.

I'll judge the move once we have any idea of what kind of money Nwaba is asking for.  I'm assuming it's more than any of us would like.

Are you guys honestly upset that the Bulls are shopping Nwaba?  Sure, they might of found something in him, but he's a 6'5 guard that can't shoot.  Plays really good defense, and is ok at attacking the rim, but is that worth 9-10 million a year that he's probably asking for?  Hell no in my opinion.  

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Are you guys honestly upset that the Bulls are shopping Nwaba?  Sure, they might of found something in him, but he's a 6'5 guard that can't shoot.  Plays really good defense, and is ok at attacking the rim, but is that worth 9-10 million a year that he's probably asking for?  Hell no in my opinion.  

Yeah, no thanks.  Don’t need another Felicio contract on our hands.

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

No, it’s the hope that if they don’t sign him, they will get something useful, and now signing him seemed to be a foregone conclusion in their plan.Suddenly their “plan” is derailed by contract demands of a journeyman. If they can’t figure out how Nwaba will go in free agency, how are they ever going to land a star that route? They will always get trumped by someone.

it is such fantasy to think they can execute a plan that will actually work. I am reading an article today how they can be the next super team and bring in Kyrie this and Butler. The article actually called for a trade of Kris Dunn for Kyrie . WTF? And the Bulls bring back Jimmy gets buckets? Do they forget the departure? He will non senior citizen DWade their collective assses and leave them standing at the alter. 

Edited by Dick Allen

I'm not upset about the Bulls for Nwaba, at least with this scuttlebutt news. It should be clear by now that in this offseason the teams have all the leverage. Bulls should be pressing on that for Nwaba and everyone. There is not likely a big market out there for him and if a team is showing interest enough but without cap space, a sign and trade is fine. 

In this offseason, hard to see nwaba as more than a 3-4 mill guy. Try to get him for 2/$6 and get him in a more favorable signing year of 2020.

There was a path for bulls to go all in and just gotten a eastern semi finals team going after Restricted FAs like Capela or Parker, signing Isaiah Thomas for cheap.

That team would have been...what, the Pistons? 

If they aren't doing that then best case is just keeping 2019 as clean as possible even if you think it's destined to fail, and sucking up some bad contracts for assets.