2018-2019 Official NBA thread

5 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Jimmy looking to join his buddy Wade in Miami. Not a bad spot for him to land I guess. He'll never win a championship, but he'll make lots of money in nice weather.

Guys, the Warriors just don't have this many roster spots.

Remember those feel good stories about Jimmy Butler when he first came into the league...and how hard he had it and scraped by for everything he had...and what a good solid citizen he was and wanted to set a good example for kids?

me neither.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wanne said:

Remember those feel good stories about Jimmy Butler when he first came into the league...and how hard he had it and scraped by for everything he had...and what a good solid citizen he was and wanted to set a good example for kids?

me neither.

Let's have some perspective here, while there are rumors on Jimmy and KATs wife they are rumors. Criticizing teammates and requesting trades may be drama, but has nothing to do with whether he's a good, solid citizen. He works hard and is kinda a jerk, doesn't mean he's aaron hernandez.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Let's have some perspective here, while there are rumors on Jimmy and KATs wife they are rumors. Criticizing teammates and requesting trades may be drama, but has nothing to do with whether he's a good, solid citizen. He works hard and is kinda a jerk, doesn't mean he's aaron hernandez.

yeah...too bad he isn't a Supreme Court nominee?  But I digress.  I've read that quit a few places...but regardless...the Jimmy Butler star has faded in my eye. Sure he works hard...but he has turned into a prima donna jerkoff.

Edited by Wanne

31 minutes ago, Wanne said:

yeah...too bad he isn't a Supreme Court nominee?  But I digress.  I've read that quit a few places...but regardless...the Jimmy Butler star has faded in my eye. Sure he works hard...but he has turned into a prima donna jerkoff.

I think he's definitely a prima donna, I'm just saying it's still cool that he was able to achieve his goals despite being a homeless youth. But I also think it's understandable that since he was able to do that he may have issues with his teammates where "why shouldn't they have to work as hard as me"

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think he's definitely a prima donna, I'm just saying it's still cool that he was able to achieve his goals despite being a homeless youth. But I also think it's understandable that since he was able to do that he may have issues with his teammates where "why shouldn't they have to work as hard as me"

It also explains a lot of the desire to maximize his earnings in his earnings years.

1 hour ago, Wanne said:

Wait, he's a prima donna for wanting to get paid all that he can get paid? And maybe not have his career cut short a few years by playing 40 min a game for Thibs? 

Jimmy has gone a little Hollywood, but so what, dude came from nothing and look where he is. 

you guys can admire/root for him all ya want.  Like I said...I'm not saying hasn't worked hard or his story wasn't good.  But the "I'm unhappy" trade me bullshit...along with his little hollywood marky mark bromance has kinda turned me off.  And if he wants to do the Jason richardson thing and bang his teammates girlfriend...well...whatever.  Rumor or not...which seems like there's more fire than smoke here....just not cool.

16 hours ago, Wanne said:

you guys can admire/root for him all ya want.  Like I said...I'm not saying hasn't worked hard or his story wasn't good.  But the "I'm unhappy" trade me bullshit...along with his little hollywood marky mark bromance has kinda turned me off.  And if he wants to do the Jason richardson thing and bang his teammates girlfriend...well...whatever.  Rumor or not...which seems like there's more fire than smoke here....just not cool.

He's a great player. He just isn't nearly as likeable as he once was, and that began near the end of his run with the Bulls. Obviously, some things have gone to his head. But if he was on my team, I wouldn't mind. 

Meanwhile, in Timberbulls land, the Rockets are the new frontrunner for Jimmy supposedly. Based around Eric Gordon and picks, needing a third team.

Rough time for Minnesota. Can't see Thibs lasting much longer and also can't see Jimmy tolerating Harden and Melo on defense.

I've heard a few anecdotes from bulls season ticket holders of pax calling longtime holders guaranteeing they will never tank again.

Realistically even if they are bad with Lauri out they would be in 8-12 range. 

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I've heard a few anecdotes from bulls season ticket holders of pax calling longtime holders guaranteeing they will never tank again.

Remember though...new lottery format could turn that into a decent pick.  On the brightside...it is preseason but Lavine was freaking explosive last night.  

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Unless the injuries get excessively bad (meaning all of Lauri, Jabari, and Zach miss signifiant time, the Bulls have enough talent to be not nearly the WORST team.