Jump to content
southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Wanne said:

you don't consider him core? 😳

Guys that come off the bench on a team that won 25 games are not core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bmags said:

Guys that come off the bench on a team that won 25 games are not core.

Sorry...disagree.  A young 23 year old talented big man that can shoot...and hits the glass well...and you say he's not a core player?!?  wow.    If he's possibly starting now (liked that look last night...but know it won't last)...but if he's 6th man off the bench...that's not core?    It'd be idiotic to let him walk for nothing.  Doubt that happens tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wanne said:

Sorry...disagree.  A young 23 year old talented big man that can shoot...and hits the glass well...and you say he's not a core player?!?  wow.    If he's possibly starting now (liked that look last night...but know it won't last)...but if he's 6th man off the bench...that's not core?    It'd be idiotic to let him walk for nothing.  Doubt that happens tho.

That was the logic that left us paying LaVine...so we'll see soon how good that logic is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difference there is LaVine is at least our best option to be starting at SG for the next 4 years. Portis was our 3rd best power forward last year (including Mirotic) and we just drafted Wendell to play center.

 

I'm all for Bobby Portis playing 24 minutes a night off the bench for the next 5 years as our primary backup 4/5, but not at the price he'll likely require. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Difference there is LaVine is at least our best option to be starting at SG for the next 4 years. Portis was our 3rd best power forward last year (including Mirotic) and we just drafted Wendell to play center.

 

I'm all for Bobby Portis playing 24 minutes a night off the bench for the next 5 years as our primary backup 4/5, but not at the price he'll likely require. 

12M...I'll gladly pay him that.   You guys keep referring to last year...who gives a crap about last year...new season.  Say Portis has  a monster season...vying for 6th Man of the Year...with spot starts.  Geezus...14-6 and you guys b**** about him lol...tough crowd.  I get the b****ing about Parker...he's pretty much an overpaid cupcake.  You guys keep lamenting Lauri as the starting 4...ok.  But the guy has 3 skills too and is a matchup nightmare.  Sometimes you go with with Lauri, Portis and Carter.  Think you guys are vastly underestimating how valuable Portis is.  Carp on Portis...but no mention of stiffs Asik and Felicio on the roster lol...

Again...not sure what FAs you guys think are going to be streaming in here.  Chances of an impact FA coming to Chicago are...I'm thinking slim and slimmer.   If you have to pay Portis 12M season...I think that's  fair honestly.  It ain't 20M is it?

Edited by Wanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, bmags said:

Totally agree with this. Him and wade were garbage with the youth, rondo was great. Its one of the reasons I think Rondo will be great in LA this year, not as a player of course, but as a glue guy to support ball/ingram when lbj gets antsy.

Hoiberg looked like he was in completely over his head but it really just turns out that he had Butler and Wade sandbagging him. Once he was rid of the burden of them he looked like he knew what he was doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

538 pegs the Bulls with 27 wins this year, 4th worst in the NBA.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nba-predictions/

I would be surprised if hawks are better than bulls. Other than that their ranking of the east feels right. I think Orlando/DET are two possible surprise teams. I don't think much of DET longterm, but I like Casey and they have vets that can take care of the trash on most nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bulls fans are gonna be so pumped to find out about our new advertising patch on the uniform!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portis deadline passes with no extension.  😠

not sure what that means now...he'll be a RFA with a qualifying offer?  Hopefully they get something done.  So they're going to sit back and let the market dictate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wanne said:

Portis deadline passes with no extension.  😠

not sure what that means now...he'll be a RFA with a qualifying offer?  Hopefully they get something done.  So they're going to sit back and let the market dictate...

That's probably not the worst thing in the world, it does leave them able to use cap space next offseason if they could get someone to take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 7:18 PM, Balta1701 said:

That's probably not the worst thing in the world, it does leave them able to use cap space next offseason if they could get someone to take it.

Guys playing for money usually is a good thing. Plus the added benefit of an upgrade next offseason if available.  The only issue being he could try to be a stat padder to get paid. But it's not like they are playing for a title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I began by looking at the NBA schedule seeing if I could get into some NBA...

 

So we have these games available at the 7pm EST start:

Heat @ Magic

Brooklyn @ DET

Memphis @ pacers

Milwaukee @ Charlotte

And I sit here and say, wow, this kinda sucks.

The NBA has only two teams that are capable.. HOU and GSW. Every other team starts the year out with no hope. Lol. It's just a joke, really. 

In the east, there's Boston and Philly. Boston has a reasonable chance at being team number 3, but I'll have to see it first. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Today I began by looking at the NBA schedule seeing if I could get into some NBA...

 

So we have these games available at the 7pm EST start:

Heat @ Magic

Brooklyn @ DET

Memphis @ pacers

Milwaukee @ Charlotte

And I sit here and say, wow, this kinda sucks.

The NBA has only two teams that are capable.. HOU and GSW. Every other team starts the year out with no hope. Lol. It's just a joke, really. 

In the east, there's Boston and Philly. Boston has a reasonable chance at being team number 3, but I'll have to see it first. 

 

Hear ya.  NBA has gotten to a unbearable for the most part anymore.  I'm trying to force myself to watch the Suns right now...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  It's like watching a pickup game at the park.  Bring on college hoops!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a particularly bad lineup of games, but you guys are too hung up on the only thing that matters is who wins the championship.

I'm pretty excited to see Orlando this year and whether Isaac's summer play was for real.

Milwaukee with Budenholzer could be dynamic, and jump into the top echelon. Pacers and heat are fine fodder of teams. They play hard, have fun players on both and are tough outs. Brooklyn and Memphis aare the only truly bad teams there, and even then maybe they rebound and JJJ will be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Is it Lebron’s fault for building all his Frankenstein teams?  The Celtics?

This has been happening since the 90s.   Clyde, Pippen and Barkley all went to houston to try and win a title with Hakeem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyyle23 said:

This has been happening since the 90s.   Clyde, Pippen and Barkley all went to houston to try and win a title with Hakeem

It's been mentioned a lot, but NBA is starting to resemble a lot of the same behavior as the EPL and prominent soccer leagues.

People will say this is bad, but those leagues are also very popular. 

It's definitely different, as parody will obviously be a difficult goal for NBA to try and drive on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×