southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I guess it happened in 2nd quarter but he played through it. Guess our medical staff is top notch.

I get that tank is good but cam payne is one of the most offensive basketball players i've ever watched. This sucks.

I'm legitimately bummed out, because I looked forward to watching Lavine, Dunn, Lauri, and MCJ developing. I don't have a problem putting blinders on when watching basketball (as long as I don't have to do it for too many years).  They are going to have a tough time winning games with their lack of depth at PG.  

Of course this is the year that having the worst record only guarantees a Top 5, not 3 pick.

Praying for one of Duke's trip or Nassir Little

Ugh.. The two guys we don't need injured (Markkanen, Dunn) are injured. I just hope WCJ (and LaVine for that matter) plays 75% of his games at this point. 

Trae Young might be better than predicted.  Seems to be holding his own.  We’ll see when he faces better teams that the Cavs.  If he can shoot at least 37.5% from 3, he’ll be off to a good start. Can he not wear down the second half of the season?   He was constantly double and triple teamed at OU after the sensational start.

Doncic and Joe Ingles have been fun watches in the early going.

Edited by caulfield12

32 minutes ago, Brian said:

Hey Guys! At least Valentine maybe back soon. Gag

They should play valentine at the point. He'd get more playing time and there are no better options.

I think what I would do is effectively run all ball handling through Lavine and try to find a better defender (shaq harrison?) at the 1.

Adam Amin was refreshing last night replacing Funk. Liked funk on radio loads more than I do on tv.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

On another aside, I'm slightly worried that Hoiberg will lose this team quickly (due to all the losing). I don't want "chemistry" and "off the court" issues plaguing a young team that needs good veterans, role models, and stability to enhance their development.  

Last year was downright toxic with all the veterans sandbagging the team. It wasn't obvious to me at the time but it definitely is now. *looks in the general direction of Jimmy Butler*

43 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Last year was downright toxic with all the veterans sandbagging the team. It wasn't obvious to me at the time but it definitely is now. *looks in the general direction of Jimmy Butler*

Uh, do you mean 2 years ago or are you aiming this at someone like Mirotic?

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Uh, do you mean 2 years ago or are you aiming this at someone like Mirotic?

Yes. 2018 went by for me really fast, lol

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

Yes. 2018 went by for me really fast, lol

I'm trying not to remember the last few basketball seasons either. 2016-2017 was Butler trade, 2017-2018 was Portis breaking Mirotic's face. It all blends together when the Warriors rigged it all anyway.

• Like 2

LaVine trying to miss a FT, it bouncing in off the back board and rim, then going in is a good summary of his shooting right now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Zach is a player. Bulls May have gotten a good one.

Shoutout to Cam Payne for having the game of his life too.

The last two games have both been fun. Though we lost dunn two nights ago and maybe lost portis tonight.

The Hutchinson dunk was vicious. I missed good chunk of game but the last 5 minutes were fun.

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

The last two games have both been fun. Though we lost dunn two nights ago and maybe lost portis tonight.

The Hutchinson dunk was vicious. I missed good chunk of game but the last 5 minutes were fun.

So many injuries.