2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Hoiberg's minute distribution and coaching continues to be terrible.

He took Carter out and subbed in Parker for last play.  Somehow Parker got stop but unless it was a purposeful tank move that is inexcusable.

I didn't realize Arcidiacono actually had some decent college pedigree at Villanova. He definitely is earning time and glad hes getting a chance.

Edited by Soxbadger

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Until Jimmy has another meltdown.

One article on the trade at ESPN noted that if there's ever a time  for Butler to be on his best behavior it's right now. If that team implodes this year, even if it's not his fault, then what team is going to gamble a 4 year max on him next offseason? If he wants to get paid, and clearly he wants to get paid, he's now in a spot where he can show off all the way up to their loss in the NBA finals if he keeps his mouth shut and works hard.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:35 PM, Soxbadger said:

Hoiberg's minute distribution and coaching continues to be terrible.

He took Carter out and subbed in Parker for last play.  Somehow Parker got stop but unless it was a purposeful tank move that is inexcusable.

I didn't realize Arcidiacono actually had some decent college pedigree at Villanova. He definitely is earning time and glad hes getting a chance.

He keeps saying "they were playing small" so he sends in parker defensively, but I guarantee WCJ can play smaller PF better than Parker.

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

One article on the trade at ESPN noted that if there's ever a time  for Butler to be on his best behavior it's right now. If that team implodes this year, even if it's not his fault, then what team is going to gamble a 4 year max on him next offseason? If he wants to get paid, and clearly he wants to get paid, he's now in a spot where he can show off all the way up to their loss in the NBA finals if he keeps his mouth shut and works hard.

Reading between the lines, it seems as if while they can't discuss a deal until the off-season, it seems like it is already a done deal.

21 minutes ago, bmags said:

He keeps saying "they were playing small" so he sends in parker defensively, but I guarantee WCJ can play smaller PF better than Parker.

Agreed. 

And its not like he even recognizes the reason they played small were to keep Carter out of the game..

I wanted to like Hoiberg because I was just happy Thibs was gone, but they are going to need a coach who can do better.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I presume he'll end up staying with Sixers.  

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why does it not surprise me that the Bulls training staff was wrong on an injury timeline...

Likely that or they are all in on the tank this year and don't want to make the same mistake screwing that up like they did with Mirotic last year. 

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Likely that or they are all in on the tank this year and don't want to make the same mistake screwing that up like they did with Mirotic last year. 

My presumption is if we were contending, Lauri would be coming back much closer to his original time frame. These extra two weeks are more about "tank" and being extra conservative than anything else, imo.  

45 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I can't imagine that they would keep him out weeks more if he were healthy. He is one of the guys you want playing most.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't imagine that they would keep him out weeks more if he were healthy. He is one of the guys you want playing most.

I think it is more that you'd probably bring him back at 80-90% if you were contending...now you are going to wait until he is 100% to start pushing him and you'll give him an extra week or two to be extra safe.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think it is more that you'd probably bring him back at 80-90% if you were contending...now you are going to wait until he is 100% to start pushing him and you'll give him an extra week or two to be extra safe.  

With an injury like that, bringing someone back at less than 100% dramatically increases the chances of reinjury.

4 hours ago, lostfan said:

When the Bulls are bad they're almost never in any national games (or even WGN games). The opposite situation of the Bears.

How? The last few years, the Bears have rarely had any prime time games. Unless you meant the opposite situation of the Bears right now, in which case I'd agree. 

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

How? The last few years, the Bears have rarely had any prime time games. Unless you meant the opposite situation of the Bears right now, in which case I'd agree. 

The opposite situation of the Bears right now. Where they are getting flexed into national games every other week. I guess I explained that poorly.

Edited by lostfan

Last night was pretty terrible. Bulls have some talented offense-only players, but they are just iso players that don’t even try to run the offense and are just black holes. This isn’t even about Lavine.

46 minutes ago, bmags said:

Last night was pretty terrible. Bulls have some talented offense-only players, but they are just iso players that don’t even try to run the offense and are just black holes. This isn’t even about Lavine.

The other issue is Lavine is already saying he's fatigued.