2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Just now, fathom said:

Zion reminds me of a more athletic Julius Randle.  He obviously has the “it” factor, but I’m not sure I see NBA superstar with him.  

He has NBA strength/explosiveness already. My concern is his shooting. Blake Griffin is my comparison.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

He has NBA strength/explosiveness already. My concern is his shooting. Blake Griffin is my comparison.

Good call, I would say Blake was a better rebounder while Zion is quicker on defense. It’s too bad Zion has to play with RJ, who I’ve despised watching for the last few years (lots of his hs games were on the U last year)

8 hours ago, fathom said:

Zion reminds me of a more athletic Julius Randle.  He obviously has the “it” factor, but I’m not sure I see NBA superstar with him.  

That's still a pretty damn good floor. Somewhere between Randle/Griffin and LeBron/Giannis sounds great to me. 

Watching the Bulls, I really do think they can win with LaVine and Markkanen as options 2-3 if they get a superstar like Durant.  Do I think that'll happen, no, but it's fun to think about.

Dunn is a nice piece that could come off the bench on a good team.  He's averaging 13.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, and 6 apg.  Pretty solid numbers right now.  He's shooting 27% from three which is obviously bad, but 48% overall which is extremely good from the PG position.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, GGajewski18 said:

Watching the Bulls, I really do think they can win with LaVine and Markkanen as options 2-3 if they get a superstar like Durant.  Do I think that'll happen, no, but it's fun to think about.

Dunn is a nice piece that could come off the bench on a good team.  He's averaging 13.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, and 6 apg.  Pretty solid numbers right now.  He's shooting 27% from three which is obviously bad, but 48% overall which is extremely good from the PG position.

I agree with your first thought. And Dunn has 14 3 point attempts this season, so of course his percentage would be either really ugly or really good, unless of course he were 5/14

Jusuf Nurkic just reminded me how much I hate that Doug McDermott trade.

Gary Harris, Jusuf Nurkic, Mitchell Robinson, taking on Cam Payne and dumping Taj for Doug McDermott.

It actually somehow makes the Eddy Curry trade chart worse for the Knicks though.

CEU3oIzWIAA5HVm.jpg

Stephen Noh's columns on the Bulls in the athletic are just must reads.

It really felt like this could be the last bad year in august, and now I don't know. I'm not even going to entertain that they will use their cap space on anything other than a bloated deal for Portis and signing Rose.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Stephen Noh's columns on the Bulls in the athletic are just must reads.

It really felt like this could be the last bad year in august, and now I don't know. I'm not even going to entertain that they will use their cap space on anything other than a bloated deal for Portis and signing Rose.

I follow him on twitter and every game he just blasts the choice to implement this offense

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Grizzlies sent the Bulls their 2019 and 2020 second-round picks, along with forward Wayne Selden and guard MarShon Brooks, sources said.

Memphis had believed it had a deal including Brooks and Selden for Kelly Oubre Jr. in early December, but that deal fall apart when Phoenix was under the impression that it was receiving Memphis' Dillon Brooks as part of a three-way deal.

Memphis has struggled lately, and coveted the athletic playmaking ability of Holiday, who is averaging 11.6 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 35 minutes a game.

The Bulls are in a dealmaking mode, shopping center Robin Lopez and forward Jabari Parker in trade talks, sources said. With the trade, Chicago has 16 players on its roster and will need to waive a player. Management was still working on that decision Thursday night.

More