2018-2019 Official NBA thread

I've said it before but looking back Krause really was planning a modern form of team building that was derailed by:

- a truly awful set of years to draft high

- a lack of patience

He had the right ideas and drafted well, then threw it all away starting with the jalen rose trade, and making a push to get better in the first draft year that would have changed the franchise for a generation: 2003. Where the bulls could have drafted Lebron melo or wade, and apparently held onto a vet and did not consummate a trade that would have brought wade and started bringing in more established college prospects.

The Paxson era was on.

I find the way bulls have treated Lopez as rude. I know people feel like he's getting paid anyway. But you only get so many years of your life you can play in NBA, bulls benched for half the year last year and now this. Let the guy go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I find the way bulls have treated Lopez as rude. I know people feel like he's getting paid anyway. But you only get so many years of your life you can play in NBA, bulls benched for half the year last year and now this. Let the guy go.

Apparently he needs to quit hustling or something.

12 hours ago, bmags said:

I've said it before but looking back Krause really was planning a modern form of team building that was derailed by:

- a truly awful set of years to draft high

- a lack of patience

He had the right ideas and drafted well, then threw it all away starting with the jalen rose trade, and making a push to get better in the first draft year that would have changed the franchise for a generation: 2003. Where the bulls could have drafted Lebron melo or wade, and apparently held onto a vet and did not consummate a trade that would have brought wade and started bringing in more established college prospects.

The Paxson era was on.

The 2000 draft is sickening. Just look at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_draft

On 1/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, lostfan said:

The 2000 draft is sickening. Just look at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_draft

01 and 02 weren't much better. The best players the Bulls drafted, they either traded or had a career altering or ending injury. Nobody knows what Jay Williams would have become if not for that motorcycle accident. One of the biggest "what ifs" in Post-Jordan Bulls history, along with Thibs/Rose. 

Best bulls draft picks:

Brand(1999-Traded)

Williams(2002 The talent was there... and then he got into that accident and couldn't play anymore) 

Aldridge(2006-traded for Tyrus Thomas) :puke:I hated this then, and it looked worse 3 years later. 

Rose-2008(discussed ad nauseum) 

Otherwise, there is a lotta shit involved. They got unlucky with spots a few times as well. 

I disagree with your assessment. Tyson Chandler, ron artest, jamal crawford, elton brand, eddy curry were actually good draft picks and the bulls at the time were collecting a lot of assets, check out how many 2nd round picks they actually drafted!

They fell in love with them, eventually got impatient and traded them for a 6th man. 

Chandler and Crawford are still in the nba for crying out loud, may be the best overall players from those drafts. Jay williams was whatever. I don't think he would have been good but 1st year point guard is hard. He was small, he wasn't that good at creating a shot, but sure. That run of draft picks from 1999-2002 was actually pretty freakin good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

I disagree with your assessment. Tyson Chandler, ron artest, jamal crawford, elton brand, eddy curry were actually good draft picks and the bulls at the time were collecting a lot of assets, check out how many 2nd round picks they actually drafted!

They fell in love with them, eventually got impatient and traded them for a 6th man. 

Chandler and Crawford are still in the nba for crying out loud, may be the best overall players from those drafts. Jay williams was whatever. I don't think he would have been good but 1st year point guard is hard. He was small, he wasn't that good at creating a shot, but sure. That run of draft picks from 1999-2002 was actually pretty freakin good. 

I don't know how it would have turned out with the quality of coaching they had or lack thereof, but there have been people who said that Jay Williams could have been an ideal player in the era starting in 2005 when the NBA changed the hand check rule. 

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know how it would have turned out with the quality of coaching they had or lack thereof, but there have been people who said that Jay Williams could have been an ideal player in the era starting in 2005 when the NBA changed the hand check rule. 

Could be! But the guy also shot under 40% FG percentage and was pretty bad from FT too (60%, which is typically a bad sign for 3pt % too which was 32% for him).

He was basically colin sexton in 2002 nba (sexton's shooting is across the board better in today's game).

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

So Jim Boylen is guaranteeing the Bulls a legitimate shot at Zion, that is all we can ask for.  

Do the Bulls then trade that shot at Zion for Anthony Davis? 

No chance given the salary savings. Bulls are all about the $$ not wins.

The Bulls drastically need a legitimate point guard. I'd love to take a swing at Lonzo Ball.  The offense is a disaster. I don't think the offense design is necessarily to blame for Lauri. He just looks slower but I was at yesterday's game and it was just so awkward.  The Lakers literally have the same problem as well, but man they literally have not figured out how to use the parts (and some of this is understandable because these guys didn't really have a training camp to work with each other...than systems literally got switched mid-season). 

But it is very clear to me the Bulls have zero point guard. I like Dunn and he can be an off-ball guy but he isn't a good enough passer. Lavine, same thing.  Both of them off the ball can be dynamic (Dunn - defensively) and then can run units as you are moving guys to the bench, but I actually put PG as the most critical Bulls need at this point.

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The Bulls drastically need a legitimate point guard. I'd love to take a swing at Lonzo Ball.  The offense is a disaster. I don't think the offense design is necessarily to blame for Lauri. He just looks slower but I was at yesterday's game and it was just so awkward.  The Lakers literally have the same problem as well, but man they literally have not figured out how to use the parts (and some of this is understandable because these guys didn't really have a training camp to work with each other...than systems literally got switched mid-season). 

But it is very clear to me the Bulls have zero point guard. I like Dunn and he can be an off-ball guy but he isn't a good enough passer. Lavine, same thing.  Both of them off the ball can be dynamic (Dunn - defensively) and then can run units as you are moving guys to the bench, but I actually put PG as the most critical Bulls need at this point.

The Bulls need talent at basically every position and a coach who is not a dumbass running awful offensive schemes.

Dunn wouldn't be good off the ball on offense because he isn't a good shooter.  In an ideal world he is your backup PG.