2018-2019 Official NBA thread

44 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Lauri could've had a 20-20 game, but Boylen only plays him 30 minutes. He can't go fast enough.

We fired Thibs, replaced him with Anti-Thibs, then replaced him with Thibs for Tots.

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25872174/anthony-davis-crisis-test-pelicans-ownership

Celts, Lakers, Sixers...Maybe for Porzingis or #1 pick.

Of course everyone wants Zion Williamson, but just 1 2/5ths years of Davis for Zion is extremely risky.

Celtics can't trade for Davis as long as they have Kyrie Irving. A team can only have one Rose Rule player acquired via trade - they have Kyrie.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

We fired Thibs, replaced him with Anti-Thibs, then replaced him with Thibs for Tots.

Celtics can't trade for Davis as long as they have Kyrie Irving. A team can only have one Rose Rule player acquired via trade - they have Kyrie.

They would have to deal Tatum and Brown...

Everyone knew Jabari Parker was a bad fit, and plays zero defense, but how does this guy sit out 12 or 13 games on this team? What was Boylen trying to prove? GarPax backing that after guaranteeing him $20 million should tell anyone all they need to know about this organization. They have no clue. 

Edited by Dick Allen

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Everyone knew Jabari Parker was a bad fit, and plays zero defense, but how does this guy sit out 12 or 13 games on this team? What was Boylen trying to prove? GarPax backing that after guaranteeing him $20 million should tell anyone all they need to know about this organization. They have no clue. 

Initially it felt like it was sitting him because a trade was near. But at this point it's hard not to view it as basically embarrassing him. 

I disliked the signing (understatement) and disliked watching him play, but he isn't the only inconsistent player on the team but is the only one being consistently dnp-cd'd until injuries caught up. It has the impression that they are trying to embarrass him.

Again, it's the type of circus that just creates this atmosphere of "why would anyone who has options sign there?". 

"Hey sign here we are excited but if you perform exactly like anyone with eyes could expect you to perform and it's bad then we may try to save ourselves by blaming your "Effort" and making you a toxic asset nobody wants. Here's the part where you put your signature."

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cameron Payne is a championship level PG

Its pathetic had bad the Bulls point guards have been.  Sucks cause at one point last year (prior to Dunn having that awful injury from his layup), he was really trending upwards.  He just isn't a good passer and when you combine that with his inability to shoot outside, its hard to be a good team unless we had a number of just natural scorers (which the Bulls don't). They desperately need a PG.  As crazy as it sounds, I'd love to be a 3rd team in a Lakers trade involving Lonzo and take my chances on him.  Dude is a natural passer and plays with speed and should be a good defender. Shot is obviously an issue but I think he'd ultimately be good for the teams development, etc (albeit he needs to stay healthy and we would have to hope his dad would remain quiet..which he has done this past year).    

Is there anyone with a worse PG situation than the Bulls?

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Its pathetic had bad the Bulls point guards have been.  Sucks cause at one point last year (prior to Dunn having that awful injury from his layup), he was really trending upwards.  He just isn't a good passer and when you combine that with his inability to shoot outside, its hard to be a good team unless we had a number of just natural scorers (which the Bulls don't). They desperately need a PG.  As crazy as it sounds, I'd love to be a 3rd team in a Lakers trade involving Lonzo and take my chances on him.  Dude is a natural passer and plays with speed and should be a good defender. Shot is obviously an issue but I think he'd ultimately be good for the teams development, etc (albeit he needs to stay healthy and we would have to hope his dad would remain quiet..which he has done this past year).    

No, in general PG has been a pretty easy position for teams to fill (bulls were good at this getting decent production for years from players like mike james/dj augustin/nate robinson).

But they also aren't trying that hard to fill it now. 

I thought it would be a good idea to get marcus smart this offseason because it was clear his market was depressed. It would have been bad because we are way worse than I expected, but it would have removed 50% of the stupid decisionmaking from our backcourt, though, Lavine makes enough for a whole team.

20 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If Lonzo refused to play for New Orleans,  it wouldn't shock me if he did the same to the Bulls.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If Lonzo refused to play for New Orleans,  it wouldn't shock me if he did the same to the Bulls.

Supposedly he (and his brand) want a big market to go to (Chicago, New York) if he's traded, but it's obviously not his call. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think the Magic are worse. I'm pretty sure they start DJ Augustin. in 2019

6 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I think the Magic are worse. I'm pretty sure they start DJ Augustin. in 2019

Augustin has a higher FG%, shoots 43% from 3pt range, and turns it over half as much as Dunn. Dunn certainly fills defensive stat sheet more but Dunn's 45% 2pt% on 9 attempts per game...he's just such a bad offensive player between his shooting but especially his turnovers that I'm not sure the bulls wouldn't be better with augustin.

Just now, bmags said:

Augustin has a higher FG%, shoots 43% from 3pt range, and turns it over half as much as Dunn. Dunn certainly fills defensive stat sheet more but Dunn's 45% 2pt% on 9 attempts per game...he's just such a bad offensive player between his shooting but especially his turnovers that I'm not sure the bulls wouldn't be better with augustin.

Didn't mean to defend Dunn. I agree he sucks. 

Under the radar guy I'm hoping for the Bulls is Fred VanVleet. 

16 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Didn't mean to defend Dunn. I agree he sucks. 

Under the radar guy I'm hoping for the Bulls is Fred VanVleet. 

Thought of one, Bulls backcourt is probably better than the Cavs.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Porzingis also on the block.

Bulls well suited to...nevermind.

Porzingis makes sense as part of the trade package for Davis if the Pelicans are smart enough to turn down Kuzma, Ball, Ingram and picks.  None of those three are going to be huge difference makers down the line due to inherent flaws in their games.  Ball is tempting, but there’s no certainty he can fix his shooting...but the Jason Kidd comparisons are there.

"Whatever you want from this game, win and you can have it," Jimmy Butler says while wearing a 76ers hoodie and sweats, having recently left the team's practice facility. "Name it. You want money? You want a max deal? If you win, I guarantee you have a better chance of that. You want the finest woman in the world? I guarantee: If you win, you're going to have a chance at that. You want all the cars, you want the big house—whatever it is—if you win, I guarantee you'll have a chance at that. Winning is that trump card that everything can be at your fingertips, but you got to win."
Edited by caulfield12