2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Being a Bulls fan sucks, but being a Knicks fan would suck harder.

Oh, to be a Mavs fan right now! They literally have the most electric, exciting player in basketball at 19 and just added The Zinger... for Dennis Smith Jr (trash) and a bunch of trash. 

45 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Porzingis makes sense as part of the trade package for Davis if the Pelicans are smart enough to turn down Kuzma, Ball, Ingram and picks.  None of those three are going to be huge difference makers down the line due to inherent flaws in their games.  Ball is tempting, but there’s no certainty he can fix his shooting...but the Jason Kidd comparisons are there.

"Whatever you want from this game, win and you can have it," Jimmy Butler says while wearing a 76ers hoodie and sweats, having recently left the team's practice facility. "Name it. You want money? You want a max deal? If you win, I guarantee you have a better chance of that. You want the finest woman in the world? I guarantee: If you win, you're going to have a chance at that. You want all the cars, you want the big house—whatever it is—if you win, I guarantee you'll have a chance at that. Winning is that trump card that everything can be at your fingertips, but you got to win."

Porzingis is obviously talented but he's a 7'3 player that has shot under 44% for his career.  I'm not sure how he alone makes sense for Anthony Davis but those three players, Ball you just stated was compared to Jason Kidd, Ingram who has been called a raw Durant and Kuzma who has been amazingly solid since the day he stepped foot in the NBA, do not.   They all have weaknesses and they are all young enough to fix them.  Give me three potential studs over one potential stud anyday.  

This is a good get for the Mavs and has the potential to be huge but so could the other three getting away from Lebron.  Ball and Ingram are two years younger and have plenty of room for growth.  

Edited by Chi Town Sox

I know that trades are never that good for stars but...that is weak for NYK especially targeting Mavs who couldn't get a pick.

Before draft I was hoping to trade a future first to trade up for Doncic. For hawks to take it, maybe it couldn't have been done, and then signed capela.

Hoiberg with Doncic Lauri Lavine. Killer. Oh well we suck haha sigh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

There's no reason the Bulls couldn't have moved up for Doncic and made that trade for Kristaps. The franchise just passed them by.

I think they would have had trouble matching the kristaps trade because NYK definitely wanted to clear all salary and our best assets would have been lavine/dunn/portis (don't give up LAURI) and you wouldn't have WCJ obviously.

That said, ha, imagine a team with doncic that has porzingis and lauri at the 4/5. Would have been hilarious.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know that trades are never that good for stars but...that is weak for NYK especially targeting Mavs who couldn't get a pick.

Before draft I was hoping to trade a future first to trade up for Doncic. For hawks to take it, maybe it couldn't have been done, and then signed capela.

Hoiberg with Doncic Lauri Lavine. Killer. Oh well we suck haha sigh.

Being a fan of the Bulls is sickening.  We have no shot at any of these big free agents because of how big of a joke they have become.  

Instead, we get to watch Markannen get worse (although he's been rebounding like crazy of late) when he should be our focal point and potential savior helping to bring this franchise back to relevance.

Just now, Quin said:

Ironically if the Bulls won one more game last year, they'd have Doncic

Worse than that, had they not won a frickin coin flip.

(they'd have probably drafted bagley and then portis would have kicked him in balls and ended season)

1 minute ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Being a fan of the Bulls is sickening.  We have no shot at any of these big free agents because of how big of a joke they have become.  

Instead, we get to watch Markannen get worse (although he's been rebounding like crazy of late) when he should be our focal point and potential savior helping to bring this franchise back to relevance.

My favorite part is the front office saying that they operate specifically to keep flexibility for moments like this but they always pass them by. Part of it historically was falling in love with their own players, but now it's because they've become such a joke nobody would re-sign long term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Worse than that, had they not won a frickin coin flip.

(they'd have probably drafted bagley and then portis would have kicked him in balls and ended season)

Yea it was either Bagley or JJJ. They liked both. 

I should note that I missed that Porzingis was an RFA after this season, so if he said he wanted out they would have been pretty balsy to match offers anyway (though didn't they think they would be getting durant?)

So this return makes much more sense. 

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

I should note that I missed that Porzingis was an RFA after this season, so if he said he wanted out they would have been pretty balsy to match offers anyway (though didn't they think they would be getting durant?)

So this return makes much more sense. 

A lot can change in a few months though. What if the Knicks had the 1.1 overall and showed themselves as big player in free agency? I think Kristaps probably would've at least had second thoughts about wanting out.

Now the Knicks are Bulls-tier hopeless and the Mavs are one of the most attractive landing spots in the NBA going forward.

Just now, KiwiSox said:

A lot can change in a few months though. What if the Knicks had the 1.1 overall and showed themselves as big player in free agency? I think Kristaps probably would've at least had second thoughts about wanting out.

Now the Knicks are Bulls-tier hopeless and the Mavs are one of the most attractive landing spots in the NBA going forward.

Oh it's a terribel move, I'm just not as surprised that people didn't beat this offer or that draft picks from good teams didn't sway them.

The mavs are looking at a possible championship team after being down and out for a bout 2 seasons.

The bulls are looking at a possible depression.

1 minute ago, KiwiSox said:

Knicks are going to get Durant and Irving, IMO

ugh, i'm still holding out hope. I just know that if some miracle happened and they cleaned house and brought in like Masai Ujiri (he is like already president so not possible) .that the bulls would be good immediately.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

ugh, i'm still holding out hope. I just know that if some miracle happened and they cleaned house and brought in like Masai Ujiri (he is like already president so not possible) .that the bulls would be good immediately.

I don’t enjoy being a Debbie Downer, but our miracle happened when we won the draft lottery and got Rose.  And our shitty front office couldn’t put the pieces around him to build a championship.  I agree the potential for this organization to take a massive leap forward is there, but it won’t happen under GarPax and I just don’t see Michael Reinsdorf making any changes given his close relationship with Gar unless the cash suddenly stops flowing in.

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yeah, the Bulls and Sox have always historically gone outside of the organization to find forward thinking, highly respected front office people...🙄

You never know, you never know.