2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Was just laughing thinking about if I could go back in time and tell suddenly optimistic me that with all of that cap space I realized bulls had, with a top pick coming and a nice group with Markannen, that it would basically turn into zach lavine and otto porter.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

GarPax say they're committed to the future HOF coach Boylen...

. I hope the UC is a graveyard next year for Bulls games. Maybe the ST holders will wise up and cut off some of those plans. 

I'm really just gonna assume it's lip service because I cant handle how bad the bulls could be another year with him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2019/02/06/nba-team-values-2019-knicks-on-top-at-4-billion/#123b8bde6671

I don't know if anyone saw this. But imagine if the Knicks actually pull off their offseason. The bulls will be alone among that top 15 teams for inadequate front office.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Was just laughing thinking about if I could go back in time and tell suddenly optimistic me that with all of that cap space I realized bulls had, with a top pick coming and a nice group with Markannen, that it would basically turn into zach lavine and otto porter.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they don't get a top 3 pick come June.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm really just gonna assume it's lip service because I cant handle how bad the bulls could be another year with him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2019/02/06/nba-team-values-2019-knicks-on-top-at-4-billion/#123b8bde6671

I don't know if anyone saw this. But imagine if the Knicks actually pull off their offseason. The bulls will be alone among that top 15 teams for inadequate front office.

I just can't give GarPax any benefit of the doubt, these guys are jokes. So when they say they are committed to Boylen for next season I 100% believe it and I also buy into the theory that it's because they don't want multiple coaches on the payroll to save face. My god that franchise is a mess. I'm legit rooting for the Knicks to pull off their super offseason, at this point the only thing that might *possibly* wake up Bulls ownership are loss in ST holders and being the absolute laughing stock of the NBA (more than they pretty much are already)

• Like 2

I really hope that the Bulls can reel in a reputable coaching candidate to start to turn this thing around.  This FA class is stacked and while I don't expect them to get one of the big fish, there are so many good ones that it seemingly makes the Bulls have somewhat of a chance to get somebody.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Bulls somehow grab Klay Thompson, and a pass first PG like Rubio.  Our defense would be stacked with Klay, Porter, WCJ, Dunn and tell Lavine that he could be 6th man of the year for the next half decade.  We need somebody that will help progress Lauri, him and Klay together could be a great tandem in the East.

Likely to happen?  No, but we can dream.  They are such a joke. 

Edited by Chi Town Sox

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I really hope that the Bulls can reel in a reputable coaching candidate to start to turn this thing around.  This FA class is stacked and while I don't expect them to get one of the big fish, there are so many good ones that it seemingly makes the Bulls have somewhat of a chance to get somebody.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Bulls somehow grab Klay Thompson, and a pass first PG like Rubio.  Our defense would be stacked with Klay, Porter, WCJ, Dunn and tell Lavine that he could be 6th man of the year for the next half decade.  We need somebody that will help progress Lauri, him and Klay together could be a great tandem in the East.

Likely to happen?  No, but we can dream.  They are such a joke. 

Bulls are down to 18 mill in cap space.

Watching how Ujiri has evolved the raptors from their original core, and how the clippers are handling their rebuild is a pretty stark contrast to how the bulls are faring in their evolution from a successful core.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, fathom said:

Just thinking out loud here, but if the Bulls don't get the first pick, wouldn't Morant likely be the best fit with their current core?

Yes but the last thing I'm worried about at the moment is roster construction, you take the best player available.  That said, I'm not convinced that Morant isn't the 2nd best player available in this draft.

Edited by Rowand44

On 2/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, whitesoxfan99 said:

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they don't get a top 3 pick come June.

The team with the worst record only has a 52% chance of picking in the top 4. Bulls currently have 48% chance of picking in the top 4. Could go down to 42% chance if they catch up to the Hawks, who have 5 more wins.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

The bulls have thrown out a small lineup with LM at 5 and porter at 4, are running the floor and playing with pace and...look really good.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Was a decent game to watch and the Bulls looked good against a >.500 team. Markkanen 3 straight 30 point games. Felicio almost as good as your average high school team manager.

13 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I feel like if this team can get a good PG and some solid bench pieces they would be a playoff team. There is talent there

This is the most sensible roster construction they’ve had in years (Hoiberg deserves this but whatever at this point). Getting a big upgrade at PG and a star and it would be a good team with enough assets to go in position to land a top 25 guy if one was traded.

If they can change out the FO, things could get better quick.