southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Porter is an actual two way wing that will not be difficult to trade again (there are about to be some terrible deals). Hopefully you’ll end up with a 44% 3 pt shooter again that rebounds and has length.

There was no way you would get a first to take him. He’s overpaid but he’s actually good.

Just now, bmags said:

Porter is an actual two way wing that will not be difficult to trade again (there are about to be some terrible deals). Hopefully you’ll end up with a 44% 3 pt shooter again that rebounds and has length.

There was no way you would get a first to take him. He’s overpaid but he’s actually good.

What's the setup with this part? Is there another cap spike coming or something?

9 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Debatable which of those two is better actually and Portis would have been cheaper next year on a new deal than Porter will be at $26m plus the next two years.  Parker is irrelevant, he sucks and would have been gone.

Portis is a sieve that can get hot offensively, but like many bulls, is a black hole on offense. He never passes. He’s really not much different than Antonio Blakeney. The bulls have 10 versions of Antonio blakeneys. Just traded 2.

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

I didn't consider his future tradeability...and he does fit the roster pretty well, giving the starting line 3 good defenders now instead of hoping Dunn and Carter can cover for everyone.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Portis is a sieve that can get hot offensively, but like many bulls, is a black hole on offense. He never passes. He’s really not much different than Antonio Blakeney. The bulls have 10 versions of Antonio blakeneys. Just traded 2.

Great post. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

What's the setup with this part? Is there another cap spike coming or something?

Maybe a bump, but many teams are setting themselves up for free agency this year and previously when that has happened some fine players get paid like stars.

Meanwhile, damn. Cleveland got the deal I wanted from Houston.

Protected first for taking on Kight.

I hate this because it may result in more wins. I guess losing portis hurts our depth at PF/C, so with Wendell out, we may lose even more. Bulls need to flat out tank for Zion and hope they get a top 3 pick. 

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I hate this because it may result in more wins. I guess losing portis hurts our depth at PF/C, so with Wendell out, we may lose even more. Bulls need to flat out tank for Zion and hope they get a top 3 pick. 

Their chances of Zion really don't change that  much even if they win a couple more games. There are currently 6 wins between the #4 team and the #5 team, so it's virtually impossible for the Bulls to fall to #5. Their current odds are 12.5%, each of the teams currently worse than them has a 14% chance. 

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yeah, but don’t rule out Boylen as coach. Ultimate weapon. 

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Their chances of Zion really don't change that  much even if they win a couple more games. There are currently 6 wins between the #4 team and the #5 team, so it's virtually impossible for the Bulls to fall to #5. Their current odds are 12.5%, each of the teams currently worse than them has a 14% chance. 

Even if they don't get Zion, you want to get the best pick possible. Barrett would be a huge get as well. 

18 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

The NBA isn't going to rig the draft for the Bulls again. Wasted effort.

Herp de derpy

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

FFS 

I feel like Cowley could make me like any front office, even the Mets, Knicks or Jets if he were out here.

• Like 1

There are a lot of bad takes in this thread. People are mad the Bulls have realized they aren’t a FA destination? Haven’t we been b****ing for years they strike out in FA and need to get creative?

This is the exact type of deal the Bulls need to be making. Porter’s been in a fucked up situation but is normally incredibly efficient. He is another catch and shoot guy, so maybe the Bulls can surprise us with getting a guy who doesn’t need the rock like one of the following today:

• Markelle Fultz, because why not
  • Lonzo Ball (why not help facilitate a Lakers deal)
  • Ricky Rubio, readily available vet who’d help our primary assets grow

Anyway, you're Bulls fans so you should be pretty familiar with what you’ve gotten into. Shitting on the Porter deal when we can’t spend the money on worthwhile free agents anyway makes no sense. 

Edited by Steve9347
formatting of the bullets

Glad the bulls are a stable situation to start maximizing Porters talents. 

9 hours ago, Quin said:

I feel like Cowley could make me like any front office, even the Mets, Knicks or Jets if he were out here.

In this case I'm team cowley 

34 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

There are a lot of bad takes in this thread. People are mad the Bulls have realized they aren’t a FA destination? Haven’t we been b****ing for years they strike out in FA and need to get creative?

This is the exact type of deal the Bulls need to be making. Porter’s been in a fucked up situation but is normally incredibly efficient. He is another catch and shoot guy, so maybe the Bulls can surprise us with getting a guy who doesn’t need the rock like one of the following today:

• Markelle Fultz, because why not
  • Lonzo Ball (why not help facilitate a Lakers deal)
  • Ricky Rubio, readily available vet who’d help our primary assets grow

Anyway, you're Bulls fans so you should be pretty familiar with what you’ve gotten into. Shitting on the Porter deal when we can’t spend the money on worthwhile free agents anyway makes no sense. 

The Lakers are treating Ball as a valuable asset in the NOLA proposed moves, so what valuable asset are the Bulls swapping to the Lakers for him? Markannen? WCJ? First round draft pick? All those seem like unworkable concepts.

I have no disagreement on the other two.