2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Carter it is. I am absolutely okay with this....but now lets move back up and get Porter Jr (and take the injury risk).  

Yep, I'm happy with it.  I said in a previous post that I felt better about Carter than I did Young, Bamba, or Porter.  Though I remember some people in here who said they're were going to be pissed if we took Carter over Porter, so can't make everyone happy.

Just now, dasox24 said:

Yep, I'm happy with it.  I said in a previous post that I felt better about Carter than I did Young, Bamba, or Porter.  Though I remember some people in here who said they're were going to be pissed if we took Carter over Porter, so can't make everyone happy.

Still time for the team to get both, however, players like Porter don't fall this far without there being some legit smoke behind medicals.  Its one thing for a player to fall because teams undervalue their skills, etc, or overvalue "potential and athleticism" but in terms of injury / medical, I have a harder time bagging on a team when evidently the whole league is coming to that same conclusion (risk / reward isn't there). Now with a second 1st round pick, becomes much more worth it.  

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

This is a solid pick. If bagley didn't go to Duke carter could have been top 3.

I fully agree with you; So solid across the board from a skills perspective with the ability to be an excellent defender and a really strong / quality scorer. I think his upside is far greater than others think.  He is the exact type of player that gets "undervalued" in the draft.  He's also extremely intelligent!  

Listening to The Stepien's podcast - they said that Carter could end up one of the most valuable picks in the draft due to consistency and the ability to compliment.

He'll fit well with Lauri, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Still time for the team to get both, however, players like Porter don't fall this far without there being some legit smoke behind medicals.  Its one thing for a player to fall because teams undervalue their skills, etc, or overvalue "potential and athleticism" but in terms of injury / medical, I have a harder time bagging on a team when evidently the whole league is coming to that same conclusion (risk / reward isn't there). Now with a second 1st round pick, becomes much more worth it.  

Totally agree.  I would love to see us jump back into the lottery. 

Carter Jr also is a nice fit, imo, next to Lauri.  Only guy I'd rather have had (at this position) would have been Ayton or Bamba.  I also would have ranked it Ayton, Doncic, Bamba, Carter (on my draft board).  I think Jackson is overrated and I wouldn't have drafted Trae Young above the others.