Jump to content
southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I have my delusional one-sided Bulls trade idea. Bulls trade Dunn, Valentine and some 2nd round picks for Lonzo Ball. Lakers need D in Dunn and move away from Ball. No possibility but I would love Lonzo (sans his dad) on the Bulls.  I don't know what would be worse though, Bulls training staff with Zo or Lavar with Gar?  

The worst thing about Dunn is his d has also fallen off. Zack Lowe said bulls were heavily shopping Dunn and no teams were interested.

I wouldn’t mind ball, bulls getting little from PG though Arc clearly performing better than Dunn. Zack has been doing an interesting job with ball in his hands. Shame WCJ isn’t there too.

next offseason definitely need someone though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bmags said:

The worst thing about Dunn is his d has also fallen off. Zack Lowe said bulls were heavily shopping Dunn and no teams were interested.

I wouldn’t mind ball, bulls getting little from PG though Arc clearly performing better than Dunn. Zack has been doing an interesting job with ball in his hands. Shame WCJ isn’t there too.

next offseason definitely need someone though.

Cowley mentioned that Dunn was offended when the bulls were looking at Trae Young before last seasons draft.  As Brian would say, Sawft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cowley mentioned that Dunn was offended when the bulls were looking at Trae Young before last seasons draft.  As Brian would say, Sawft

Yeah, he definitely thought he was the man. I thought he was getting too much praise last year when he was ball hogging last shots and hitting like 6% of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do want to say I'm very pleased with Lavine lately, even defensively. Less dumb reach-in fouls. THen offensively, much better distributor and playmaker in spots.

I hated his defense before but knew he was trying, not mailing it in. Definitely seems like its paying off as the structure of the team improves. And him focusing on playing off of lauri more rather than Dunn plays off because Lauri is very unselfish and Lavine works to pay him back.

It helps when you remove bobby portis/parker type players too that got the ball and never gave it up. Much more of a group for team basketball here and its paying off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, bmags said:

I do want to say I'm very pleased with Lavine lately, even defensively. Less dumb reach-in fouls. THen offensively, much better distributor and playmaker in spots.

I hated his defense before but knew he was trying, not mailing it in. Definitely seems like its paying off as the structure of the team improves. And him focusing on playing off of lauri more rather than Dunn plays off because Lauri is very unselfish and Lavine works to pay him back.

It helps when you remove bobby portis/parker type players too that got the ball and never gave it up. Much more of a group for team basketball here and its paying off. 

LaVine being a better distributor lately and forming a good 2-man game with Lauri is why I'm not necessarily against Barrett if the Bulls were to get the #2 spot in the draft. 

Just say screw it and go jumbo. When your front court is Porter-Lauri-Carter, it might actually work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are seeing why some people out there picked them to compete a little and even finish 8th in the playoff race (I think Barkley did).  There is talent there especially adding Porter but they will still be in NBA hell until they get a legitimate superstar or Lauri becomes Dirk.

Edited by Chi Town Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I think we are seeing why some people out there picked them to compete a little and even finish 8th in the playoff race (I think Barkley did).  There is talent there especially adding Porter but they will still be in NBA hell until they get a legitimate superstar or Lauri becomes Dirk.

you can't really worry about that. They just need to keep hitting on draft picks, making smart choices with money, and wait for an opportunity to acquire one via trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 9:18 AM, bmags said:

I personally think Young would finally make Fred's system make sense. He'll push pace, his passing is completely underrated, and all of our point guards are already high usage, terrible shooting point guards so I think it would make a big difference.

So glad I was kind to young, he is fun to watch

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes, it's Atlanta, but my god, the Zach/Lauri/Otto core has been so good. 

ATL has been quite good recently. This is a fun game. Hoping ATL wins so I can stop worrying rest of year.

Fav part about Lauri recently aside from passing is him muscling down smaller guards any time there is an unfavorable switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bmags said:

you can't really worry about that. They just need to keep hitting on draft picks, making smart choices with money, and wait for an opportunity to acquire one via trade. 

Lol, that’s basically what I said in different words...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Lol, that’s basically what I said in different words...

Yeah I’m just reacting to the nba hell line. Some versions of hell are worse than others, we aren’t talking about those like 09/10/11 bucks teams, that’s the worst to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's two awful teams (who are both playing well lately as bmags noted) but this game has been the most entertaining of the season for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

It's two awful teams (who are both playing well lately as bmags noted) but this game has been the most entertaining of the season for me. 

It’s been a blast. They are gassed right now though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes, it's Atlanta, but my god, the Zach/Lauri/Otto core has been so good. 

Add Wendell, Chandler, and hopefully a high lotto pick. Could fit real well together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Add Wendell, Chandler, and hopefully a high lotto pick. Could fit real well together.

Lol don’t include chandler in that crew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

Lol don’t include chandler in that crew

I still like him as a bench glue guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That little hot potato Otto Porter was leading made me so happy to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this was a lotta fun.

lets hope it doesn’t cost the bulls a decade of dominance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see the makings of a good team here...maybe even a good coach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yes, it's Atlanta, but my god, the Zach/Lauri/Otto core has been so good. 

This. There was some sloppy play as everyone got tired but what a fun game and it is great seeing all the young guys grow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×