southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

8 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Is this the same guy the Bulls drafted?

Snell would always show the occasional flash. He still sucks.

25 minutes ago, Quin said:

That he does. He does one thing well and that's corner 3's. He's so limited offensively I couldn't believe he actual put the ball on the floor for a change.

22 hours ago, bmags said:

It's actually a really nice fit with zion

(PG)

Lavine

Porter

Zion

Lauri

If you get a good pg (say you can make a jrue holliday work or something) that is well rounded on D and can shoot 3s, you have surrounded zion with 4 deep threats, PG/Porter can provide defensive stability (Zion himself will be good on D by end of year).

That lineup would be perfect for Zion, who has a blue print in milwaukee for how to make his game work even if his shot doesn't fall right away.

How do you think Lauri would hold up being a center full time? I know they'd use Carter at C and probably have another big body as well to take some of the burden off Lauri. 

10 hours ago, Quin said:

Only GarPax could find a way to lose a trade where they gave up Tony Snell. 

17 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

How do you think Lauri would hold up being a center full time? I know they'd use Carter at C and probably have another big body as well to take some of the burden off Lauri. 

The minutes will stagger and you can have wendell/lopez-esque big come in to play with either at the four, but when that lineup on the floor the other team is going to have to play against it rather than bulls worrying about what the other team has.

That lineup I threw out would be an offensive machine, and so it will be about how good it can get defensively and I actually think it could develop into something pretty solid.

21 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Only GarPax could find a way to lose a trade where they gave up Tony Snell. 

Considering his contract, nah man. This is too much of a reach 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Considering his contract, nah man. This is too much of a reach 

The contract has nothing to do with the trade. They traded a guy that had a useful skill (shoots 3s) for a guy who became useless for chicago almost immediately.

And that obviously is most hilarious considering the team chicago was already building with wade/butler/rondo they added another "can't shoot" point guard.

Trade snell, fine, he's a guy you get a second round pick for but MCW was trash save for his first game. He had 2.5 assists to 1.5 turnovers when he played 18 minutes. 

41 minutes ago, bmags said:

The contract has nothing to do with the trade. They traded a guy that had a useful skill (shoots 3s) for a guy who became useless for chicago almost immediately.

And that obviously is most hilarious considering the team chicago was already building with wade/butler/rondo they added another "can't shoot" point guard.

Trade snell, fine, he's a guy you get a second round pick for but MCW was trash save for his first game. He had 2.5 assists to 1.5 turnovers when he played 18 minutes. 

You could get a second rounder for Snell? I'm still amazed they got MCW for him.

35 minutes ago, Quin said:

You could get a second rounder for Snell? I'm still amazed they got MCW for him.

He was a 37% 3 point shooter when we traded him. It wasn't the 3point revolution quite yet but yes I think he could have gotten a 2nd rounder. Its actually amazing that the jason kidd led bucks recognized what he was and doubled his 3pa but hoiberg was just in over his head his first year.

I don't know why you are amazed they got a player that is basically a contract that just gets exchanged between teams now and are slighting the guy who actually received a good second contract.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

He was a 37% 3 point shooter when we traded him. It wasn't the 3point revolution quite yet but yes I think he could have gotten a 2nd rounder. Its actually amazing that the jason kidd led bucks recognized what he was and doubled his 3pa but hoiberg was just in over his head his first year.

I don't know why you are amazed they got a player that is basically a contract that just gets exchanged between teams now and are slighting the guy who actually received a good second contract.

And back then MCW had just averaged 11-5 and was a Rookie of the Year. Those dismal numbers are something Snell won't ever even sniff.

Just because the Bucks gave Snell a Felicio deal and he didn't get fat doesn't mean he's worth anything.

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

And back then MCW had just averaged 11-5 and was a Rookie of the Year. Those dismal numbers are something Snell won't ever even sniff.

Just because the Bucks gave Snell a Felicio deal and he didn't get fat doesn't mean he's worth anything.

I'd say the fact that the best and one of the deepest teams in the league is still playing snell 18 mpg while he's hitting 40% from 3pt land shows he clearly is worth something.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd say the fact that the best and one of the deepest teams in the league is still playing snell 18 mpg while he's hitting 40% from 3pt land shows he clearly is worth something.

He's Keith Bogans?

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

He's Keith Bogans?

Keith bogans was more valuable than a player not in the league at the time, yes.

Are we really debating Snell vs MCW?

I mean I'm still bitter we drafted Snell over Hardaway Jr though.

33 minutes ago, Brian said:

Are we really debating Snell vs MCW?

I mean I'm still bitter we drafted Snell over Hardaway Jr though.

Yes and it will not end any time soon so strap it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

He's Keith Bogans?

He's a pretty solid 3 and D guy (40% from 3 the last three years - his TS% has been really good since he left Chicago).  He's not a great player by any means, but Snell is definitely a useful NBA role player.  

https://theathletic.com/856960/2019/03/08/he-actually-has-said-that-i-have-a-good-spirit-michael-reinsdorf-talks-jim-boylen-and-much-more/

man this monitor comment is so embarrassing

I firmly believe that we are staffed really well. That the Bulls, it’s not about cutting costs. John, Gar, his staff, they’re able to cover the college games for us scouting.

I did believe that one day, this was like four or five years ago, I walked into Steve Weinman’s office. He was working on one computer. I said, “Steve, you’re our analytics person. Why don’t you have like four screens here?” And he was new and I said, “OK Steve, let’s get you set up.” We expanded his staff this year, we added people.”

My God is the Felicio signing a bad one. Dude is so incredibly bad. 

Edited by ron883

You can probably file this under a Hot Take, but I kind of think the Warriors might lose in the playoffs. 

The problem is I'm not sure any West teams can knock them off so by the time they get to the finals, they'll be playing better. 

Toughest path is probably Jazz/Thunder/Rockets/Raptors.

15 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

You can probably file this under a Hot Take, but I kind of think the Warriors might lose in the playoffs. 

The problem is I'm not sure any West teams can knock them off so by the time they get to the finals, they'll be playing better. 

Toughest path is probably Jazz/Thunder/Rockets/Raptors.

I really think the bucks can beat them. The warriors really lack depth. That's usually not a huge issue in the playoffs, but the bucks have such great depth. I'm on the bucks bandwagon. 

That rockets win was big for them. They seem weaker but its hard to trust teams like Denver until they prove it. But Houston/OKC look like tough matchups if PG doesn't disappear in the playoffs.

But, I do think the Bucks are the best eastern conference team since the 16(?) Cavs.

43 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I really think the bucks can beat them. The warriors really lack depth. That's usually not a huge issue in the playoffs, but the bucks have such great depth. I'm on the bucks bandwagon. 

Giannis might have some issues in the playoffs. He can't really shoot at all and teams can usually scheme for that in long series.

The Raptors, for example, could put a big on Giannis and sag off. Then put Kawhi on Middleton and both of their best players are pretty hindered.

As the bench mob bulls showed, depth only means so much in the playoffs.

Edited by Boogua

1 minute ago, Boogua said:

Giannis might have some issues in the playoffs. He can't really shoot at all and teams can usually scheme for that in long series.

The Raptors, for example, could put a big on Giannis and sag off. Then put Kawhi on Middleton and both of their best players are pretty hindered.

As the bench mob bulls showed, depth only means so much in the playoffs.

I honestly think Giannis has hit that level where it won't matter. He's been limited for a while from long range, but he just can get to the rim no matter what the hell you do. I could buy that they'll end up one of those teams that were just on their top gear all year and then get to the playoffs and don't have another one, but I believe that more for the Raps.

Now if the shooting goes ice cold around him, that will be difficult.