2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If point guard is our weakness, well, the likely #2 pick would fill that role quite well. Not much need to look at the trade or FA market if you wound up moving up a little, and the Bulls have a 25% shot at that pick or better. 

Bulls are not one back court piece from having their back court figured out. 

19 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

You're still not sold on LaVine? 

No he was much better but the bulls have an incredibly thin team and getting an additional good, versatile ball handler especially for some smaller lineups will be good.

And Ja Morant especially may really struggle his first year with strength. Unlike Trae Young he really goes after contact but we'll see how that plays in nba and not mid-level conference. 

My completely delusional and dream Bulls off-season. Start first by winning lottery.  Draft Zion.  Acquire Lonzo Ball (for Dunn and other spare parts).  Shed salary and find a way to have space to offer and sign Kawhi or Durant to a max deal.  I dont' know who they have to trade but I'm going to assume they could find a way to make space.  My thoughts are if the Bulls land Zion, its ups their cache and gives them an ability to sign one big name max guy.   Probability 0.01%.  

Alternative scenario is Kyrie or Klay as the max guy. If you get Kyrie...no Ball trade.  

If it happens, it may not be the perfect team design but you would have a team that would have a lot of interchangeable parts that I think fits in the new NBA.  They would be a very long and athletic team, with a variety of guys who can defend multiple positions, most notably Porter and Kawhi.  The key to all of this is winning the lottery as without that I presume the Bulls aren't going to have enough cache this year to pull a Durant or Klay or Leonard.    

Wendell

Zion

Lauri 

Kawhi 

Porter

Lavine

Ball

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

My completely delusional and dream Bulls off-season. Start first by winning lottery.  Draft Zion.  Acquire Lonzo Ball (for Dunn and other spare parts).  Shed salary and find a way to have space to offer and sign Kawhi or Durant to a max deal.  I dont' know who they have to trade but I'm going to assume they could find a way to make space.  My thoughts are if the Bulls land Zion, its ups their cache and gives them an ability to sign one big name max guy.   Probability 0.01%.  

Alternative scenario is Kyrie or Klay as the max guy. If you get Kyrie...no Ball trade.  

If it happens, it may not be the perfect team design but you would have a team that would have a lot of interchangeable parts that I think fits in the new NBA.  They would be a very long and athletic team, with a variety of guys who can defend multiple positions, most notably Porter and Kawhi.  The key to all of this is winning the lottery as without that I presume the Bulls aren't going to have enough cache this year to pull a Durant or Klay or Leonard.    

Wendell

Zion

Lauri 

Kawhi 

Porter

Lavine

Ball

I actually think you'd be better off getting a PG like Darren Collison as your PG for a roster like that, spread the floor, make smart decisions. Lavine/Kawhi both would want ball in their hands, adding Ball to mix may be too many players that need ball to be productive and Ball would be sagged off of too much.

If we get Zion, I just want a focus on 3 and D guys. Surround him with as much shooting as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I actually think you'd be better off getting a PG like Darren Collison as your PG for a roster like that, spread the floor, make smart decisions. Lavine/Kawhi both would want ball in their hands, adding Ball to mix may be too many players that need ball to be productive and Ball would be sagged off of too much.

If we get Zion, I just want a focus on 3 and D guys. Surround him with as much shooting as possible.

Ok - So your delusional scenario is win lottery, get Zion, max out Klay.  Trade Dunn and other parts (maybe future pick) for a PG.  I figure Ball running the floor would be pretty with those other guys.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Ok - So your delusional scenario is win lottery, get Zion, max out Klay.  Trade Dunn and other parts (maybe future pick) for a PG.  

Yeah it's basically yours but getting that sweet winner smell to convince Darren Collison to sign for an exception. I think Dunn and Valentine would already need to be gone for cap space for Klay. I'm not really sure how to calculate the cap holds and stuff required. I think they'd need to clear 12 million? I think if you can get someone to take off Felicio/Dunn then that's the win.

If we are gonna have shitty, often injured PGs, I would rather stick with Dunn than trade for ball.   Jason I honestly don't understand your fascination with him and even more so why you think he will somehow blossom into a good player with the Bulls of all teams

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah it's basically yours but getting that sweet winner smell to convince Darren Collison to sign for an exception. I think Dunn and Valentine would already need to be gone for cap space for Klay. I'm not really sure how to calculate the cap holds and stuff required. I think they'd need to clear 12 million? I think if you can get someone to take off Felicio/Dunn then that's the win.

Assuming they got the first pick, the Cap hold is $6.8 million. That would put them at $89 million and change, with a projected $109 million salary cap. A max deal for Klay Thompson would be $32.7 million in year 1. Dunn and Valentine gone for nothing would be insufficient to offer a Max deal in this case.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Assuming they got the first pick, the Cap hold is $6.8 million. That would put them at $89 million and change, with a projected $109 million salary cap. 

So they need to clear $18 million for Klay. 

You would need to send out Dunn, Felicio, VAlentine, and renounce blakeney, harrison and lemon.

Might be possible but probably need to send out picks.

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If we are gonna have shitty, often injured PGs, I would rather stick with Dunn than trade for ball.   Jason I honestly don't understand your fascination with him and even more so why you think he will somehow blossom into a good player with the Bulls of all teams

Ball is pretty good! Much better playmaker than Dunn. Dunn is awful, he's even bad defensively. Ball has better length, defense, and spreads the ball around albeit needs ball in hands a bit like ben simmons.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

So they need to clear $18 million for Klay. 

You would need to send out Dunn, Felicio, VAlentine, and renounce blakeney, harrison and lemon.

Might be possible but probably need to send out picks.

I believe they only need to clear out about $13 million. 

Blakeney and Lemon are shown by Hoopshype as having 2019 guaranteed contracts?

Ball is pretty good! Much better playmaker than Dunn. Dunn is awful, he's even bad defensively. Ball has better length, defense, and spreads the ball around albeit needs ball in hands a bit like ben simmons.

Nah, keep it. Numbers aren't much different and I want no part of that asshole he calls his dad.  Stay on the west coast where I don't have to hear his name

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I believe they only need to clear out about $13 million. 

Blakeney and Lemon are shown by Hoopshype as having 2019 guaranteed contracts?

oh god. That can't be right though? Oh god it is right, we guaranteed blakeney two years? hahahahaha

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Assuming they got the first pick, the Cap hold is $6.8 million. That would put them at $89 million and change, with a projected $109 million salary cap. A max deal for Klay Thompson would be $32.7 million in year 1. 

1st pick cap hold is $9.6M, so there isn't a way to max Klay unless we shred all salary besides our top 4 and not take any salaries back.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

1st pick cap hold is $9.6M, so there isn't a way to max Klay unless we shred all salary besides our top 4 and not take any salaries back.

Ok, got it, the Cap Hold is 120% of the projected $6.8 million salary. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

By the way, this is a great tool to simulate your off season fantasies.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

I was able to get up to 28 but you need to completely clear out dunn and valentine with no salary back, find someone to take asik's 3 mill (2nd rounder going out v. likely) and then waive/stretch felicio.

I was able to get up to 28 but you need to completely clear out dunn and valentine with no salary back, find someone to take asik's 3 mill (2nd rounder going out v. likely) and then waive/stretch felicio.

Valentine has a team option, it could be declined if needed. In my dream scenario, you trade Dunn along with Blakeney and Felicio and not take money back (I know, unlikely), then trade Hutch for future pick. This gets you up to $32.5M.

However I think Asik's salary is dead weight at this point, not sure if it's movable.

Honestly, I am fine with Morant as my pick at 3rd, but still go for broke by signing Klay to just below max, then sign Collison to MLE. I wouldn't move Hutch in this scenario.

Collison / Morant

Lavine / Hutch

Klay / Porter

Lauri / Porter

WCJ 

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Valentine has a team option, it could be declined if needed. In my dream scenario, you trade Dunn along with Blakeney and Felicio and not take money back (I know, unlikely), then trade Hutch for future pick. This gets you up to $32.5M.

However I think Asik's salary is dead weight at this point, not sure if it's movable.

Honestly, I am fine with Morant as my pick at 3rd, but still go for broke by signing Klay to just below max, then sign Collison to MLE. I wouldn't move Hutch in this scenario.

Collison / Morant

Lavine / Hutch

Klay / Porter

Lauri / Porter

WCJ 

Pretty good too, needs vet c/pf to sign at mins but there should be some interested ones for that.

11 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

He is a good player. Great d, great passer, athletic.  Horrid shot but not that bad in college and I think it can improve. I think he has upside and if he stinks, oh well.  Now his dad is the bad part. Like awful. But Ball the player is a significant upgrade over Dunn and he has the ability to be a top 3 PG in this league.