Jump to content
southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

High floor low ceiling hard worker!!!!! 

 

We tanked for Carter. 

Carter was a top 3 player out of HS and was going to be the main focus of Duke. Hes not low ceiling at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quinarvy said:

Listening to The Stepien's podcast - they said that Carter could end up one of the most valuable picks in the draft due to consistency and the ability to compliment.

He'll fit well with Lauri, that's for sure.

He is a very good player. Some people will get pissed that he's not a superstar pick (rightfully so) but I'll gladly take an all star, Al Horford 2.0 potentially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Listening to The Stepien's podcast - they said that Carter could end up one of the most valuable picks in the draft due to consistency and the ability to compliment.

He'll fit well with Lauri, that's for sure.

I hope I'm wrong but I would much rather not spend a lotto pick on a "compliment". Seems like the Bulls are putting themselves right back in NBA hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

High floor low ceiling hard worker!!!!! 

 

We tanked for Carter. 

Cause he does a lot of things well, does not mean he has a low ceiling.  He's just less "raw"...doesn't mean he isn't talented.  Carter Jr is an athletic big who is extremely long.  He doesn't jump out of the building but his wingspan is legit impressive and he will be an imposing defender.  Not super quick but still solid speed that should play in pick n roll defense and a very efficient scorer, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, almagest said:

I hope I'm wrong but I would much rather not spend a lotto pick on a "compliment". Seems like the Bulls are putting themselves right back in NBA hell.

What "star" was sitting there at 7? Maybe one was, maybe it wasn't. maybe there is a star sitting at 22 or 30 (who eventually emerge). Carter Jr. was the best available player (adjusting for potential medicals) on the board.  We absolutely could have missed out on a star, but I don't see how they flat out ignored ceiling to go floor with this draft pick.  Porter has talent and if people believed in his medicals he is going way above 7. The fact that he hasn't, means there are real reasons to be concerned about his medicals (and I can't flaw the Bulls for passing on that).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sexton is a bundle of talent...will be interesting to see if he or Young becomes the better player.  He definitely checks off all the physical/athletic attributes and can really score the ball, although he’s not yet consistent from deep outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

What "star" was sitting there at 7? Maybe one was, maybe it wasn't. maybe there is a star sitting at 22 or 30 (who eventually emerge). Carter Jr. was the best available player (adjusting for potential medicals) on the board.  We absolutely could have missed out on a star, but I don't see how they flat out ignored ceiling to go floor with this draft pick.  Porter has talent and if people believed in his medicals he is going way above 7. The fact that he hasn't, means there are real reasons to be concerned about his medicals (and I can't flaw the Bulls for passing on that).  

Maybe you're right. I think it's just more disappointment that the Bulls ended up at 7 in a top 5 draft (after MPJ got hurt).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Cleveland passed on MPJ and they need a potential superstar with LBJ leaving. His back must be royally fucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, almagest said:

Maybe you're right. I think it's just more disappointment that the Bulls ended up at 7 in a top 5 draft (after MPJ got hurt).

Only guys I'd definitely take over carter were doncic and ayrton. Everyone else was close. So imo they got a top 5 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Even Cleveland passed on MPJ and they need a potential superstar with LBJ leaving. His back must be royally fucked. 

Sexton has mega upside and is a perfect fit for them tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Even Cleveland passed on MPJ and they need a potential superstar with LBJ leaving. His back must be royally fucked. 

Knicks just did too. There is clearly something spooking people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Kevin Knox to the Knicks. I'm actually a big fan of his, but that might be a tad high for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Only guys I'd definitely take over carter were doncic and ayrton. Everyone else was close. So imo they got a top 5 guy.

I saw that article but I'm just going off the gut reaction and the quotes from the ESPN draft stream. Man I hope you're right. I dread a return to a 3-5 seed and a first/second round exit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, almagest said:

I saw that article but I'm just going off the gut reaction and the quotes from the ESPN draft stream. Man I hope you're right. I dread a return to a 3-5 seed and a first/second round exit.

When I started researching at 7, carter/bamba were the 2 guys who I looked at most. The more you watch Carter the more you see a guy who in 3 years will be bigger stronger and has a really good looking shot. He could be a better Horford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Carter does absolutely nothing to move the needle closer to a championship and the Bulls tanked a season for it, lol

This is just nonsense. Carter is a highly talented center.

The real problem for the bulls is the potential nightmare lavine contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was so overshadowed by Bagley that he tended to become a bit stagnant and float around the perimeter as a secondary scoring option.  He’s not flashy, he’s a solid pick for sure, but I can also understand fans wanting a game changer.   He’s certainly not going to sell any tickets by himself, for some reason he reminds me of Drew Gooden, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's the truth

Who would have moved the needle at #7?  Or are you more upset with the bad job of tanking that we did?

Edited by dasox24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

High floor low ceiling hard worker!!!!! 

 

We tanked for Carter. 

Welcome to NBA hell!  I hope people are excited about being a 5-8 range playoff team for the foreseeable future as I don’t know how we ever get better than that with the core we have in place.  We have one potential star and will quickly become decent enough to not have top five picks.  This is an absolute nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dasox24 said:

Who would have moved the needle at #7?  Or are you more upset with the bad job of tanking that we did?

I think 3 he wanted were doncic, young and porter.

 

Porter still not picked at 12. Young I wasnt a fan of and made no sense, Doncic the bulls needed to lose more games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×