southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

I am excited to see how the numbers play out. Would really like bulls get someone like MKG as a backup wing too.

Hopefully we hear back on Asik injury soon, that's 3mill.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

@bmags and I talked about Brogdon-Reddish above. The Bulls are supposedly confident that they can sign Brogdon.

Sorry I've been out of the loop, but where did you hear this? I feel like Brogdon is gonna get paid way more than people are expecting. 

34 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Sorry I've been out of the loop, but where did you hear this? I feel like Brogdon is gonna get paid way more than people are expecting. 

Quoted the article on the last page, but KC Johnson mentions it in an article:  https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-point-guard-nba-draft-trade-free-agency-20190518-story.html

If the Bulls waive and stretch Felicio and can get Asik's cap hit removed (like they have asked the league) and renounce every FA, they get $27M in cap space. Without Asik, it's $24M. I think they could put $21M on the table and that would be enough to scare off the Bucks.

Yeesh, I love Brogdon's versatility but 28 to Porter, 18 to Lavine and 21 to Brogdon is a lot of money to some players. I think I'd rather have collison around 10-12.

Brogdon had his lunch eaten up by Lowry last game.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeesh, I love Brogdon's versatility but 28 to Porter, 18 to Lavine and 21 to Brogdon is a lot of money to some players. I think I'd rather have collison around 10-12.

Brogdon had his lunch eaten up by Lowry last game.

Only reason I'd do this is because Porter is up in two years. But man, just went and looked at the Bucks situation in Capulator...it's not fun.

You assume they re-sign Middleton to a max, which is $32M. Bledsoe's 4 year, 70M contract needs to be added.

Then they have a non-guaranteed Hill at $18M, which will likely be waived. 

Mirotic and Brogdon will have bird rights, but likely asking for a lot. Brook is already a FA.

Before resigning any of those three, they're $6M above the cap. Assume they need one of Lopez or Mirotic. Let's say Lopez is nice and goes with the MLE, that puts them at 11M above the cap.

After actually crunching the numbers, maybe LaVine's $18M deal could be enough to get Brogdon, unless the Bucks want to be a painful $27M over the cap.

7 hours ago, Quin said:

@bmags @Jose Abreu Bucks cap hell just got crazier.

At this point - what do you guys think gets the Bucks to pass on Brogdon? 

6 hours ago, bmags said:

4 for $65

Agreed. I think he gets way more than that, though. Like, 4/80+. He's the kind of guy front offices love

39 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Agreed. I think he gets way more than that, though. Like, 4/80+. He's the kind of guy front offices love

I just keep thinking about how well LaVine - Porter - Markkanen played with Arci on the floor, then realize that Brogdon is basically MegaArci. 

It's a lot of money now, but the cap keeps going up + Porter and Felicio will be gone in two years, so Lauri will be taken care of then. 

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah probably. He will definitely be popular but I don’t know how many want to pay him like a top player on the time.

I will be in Toronto for game 6 saturday. Tickets are lookin like $260+ so I'll probably be hanging out in Jurassic Park. 

Should be a good time either way. 

11 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I will be in Toronto for game 6 saturday. Tickets are lookin like $260+ so I'll probably be hanging out in Jurassic Park. 

Should be a good time either way. 

Sounds awesome. Toronto is a really fun sports town.

That series has been great. I'm still hoping Giannis pulls it out but Raptors deserve it, I love how Ujiri is relentless in trying to build out a winner. 

Raptors having home court advantage will be huge for them to take the series. 

Reddit just held it's Mock Draft, and their Bulls GM walked out like bandit. It's always fun to see stuff like this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/comments/bta1ru/official_sub_mock_draft_results/

Trade #1: Hawks get Mozgov, Pick #17 / Magic get Antonio Blakeney Bulls get Taurean Prince, Evan Fournier, Pick #41, Pick #46, Orlando 2020 2nd, Orlando 2021 2nd

Trade #2: Bulls get Evan Turner, Pick #25 Trail Blazers get Evan Fournier

Trade #3: Bulls get Pick #33 Celtics get Pick #38, Pick #46

Then they drafted:

#7 - Culver

#25 - Gafford

#33 - Grant Williams

#41 - Shamorie Ponds

If only 2nd rounders meant anything other than $$$ to the Bulls.

11 hours ago, Quin said:

Raptors having home court advantage will be huge for them to take the series. 

So Warriors in 6?

On 5/23/2019 at 4:29 PM, bmags said:

4 for $65

I am going to revise this for the record. I was going through the free agents and last years and he is definitely going to require $20 plus to scare away bucks and others. Maybe even up to $23, and I think he is worth that to a bulls like team.

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm glad that there were some internal Lakers people with the same thoughts as everyone else.

"We all had the same reaction that the basketball world did, like what the f--- are we doing? Not only are we not getting shooting, but we're also getting every basket case left on the market."

And this amazing excerpt on LeGM

In November, NBA commissioner Adam Silver and Maverick Carter, LeBron's longtime business partner, met for lunch. James' agent, Rich Paul, was seated at a nearby table, and at one point, approached Silver to complain about Walton, multiple sources familiar with the interaction told ESPN. Paul said he didn't believe Walton was the right coach for the Lakers. Silver shrugged off the remark and asked whom Paul thought would be the right coach. Paul suggested Tyronn Lue.

Paul was also letting it be known through back-channel conversations, including those with reporters, that he wasn't on board with Walton. Paul criticized how Walton allotted minutes to players and his inconsistent lineups, which were partly the result of injuries and suspensions. Members of the Lakers' coaching staff became aware of those conversations and wondered whether Johnson's heated meeting with Walton was influenced by Paul.

"Coaches know Rich is trying to get them fired, and players know Rich is trying to get them traded."

Like, does he want Silver to fire a coach?

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm glad that there were some internal Lakers people with the same thoughts as everyone else.

And this amazing excerpt on LeGM

Like, does he want Silver to fire a coach?

That was so weird.