Official NHL COVID season thread

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Was Vegas a fluke?  Can Ovie defend a cup?  Will the Hawks bounce back?

I definitely think the Hawks can bounce back, but a big part of it is if Crawford is healthy.  Big if I get that.

Because when you look at the skaters, they did run into some bad luck and were good analytically and by the metrics.

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

I definitely think the Hawks can bounce back, but a big part of it is if Crawford is healthy.  Big if I get that.

Because when you look at the skaters, they did run into some bad luck and were good analytically and by the metrics.

I wouldnt count on Crawford coming back.  We need several pieces to be a real contender, hopefully they can make those moves.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Anyone reading this Ottawa story about Karlsson and Hoffman's wife/girlfriend?! Insane. And supposedly their GM likes touching young men inappropriately...

Its crazy, it's some NBA type off the court drama.

Here is the link

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1528830528

If the rumors are true, Crawford’s issues are going nowhere. The “Hawks want Darling back” whispers only back that up. No way a team that’s typically cash-strapped is taking on a goalie who makes $4M a year unless it’s to be the starter.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:15 PM, SoxAce said:

Anyone reading this Ottawa story about Karlsson and Hoffman's wife/girlfriend?! Insane. And supposedly their GM likes touching young men inappropriately...

Hoffman and his girlfriend deny the allegations. The plot thickens...

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-extra/exclusive-hoffman-fiancee-deny-harassing-the-karlssons?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1529089090

50 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

So is this going to be another deal where we have to send a decent prospect along with Hossa? 

Not sure.  Could also be a deal where we take on a bad contract (specifically saw Darling mentioned) in exchange for Hossa's deal.  Could also be something to get a team to the salary floor.

2 hours ago, maggsmaggs said:

So is this going to be another deal where we have to send a decent prospect along with Hossa? 

When the Coyotes took on Pronger's deal, they also asked for (IIRC) Niklas Grossman. When Detroit traded Datsyuk's contract, they also had to deal a first round pick with it. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks had to trade a player or high pick with the contract in order to make it happen.

Ottawa just traded Hoffman to San Jose for peanuts. Had to be to seperate that fiasco but that org is a dumpster fire right now.

EDIT: check that, San Jose just shipped him to Florida now.

Edited by SoxAce

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread