Official NHL COVID season thread

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Given the volitality of Crawford and his injury, I still can't get over the Hawks signing such a bad backup plan. And that's not just a reaction to the preseason game. Ward is done.

Ward, Kunitz, Manning... it's like Bowman is begging to draft Jack Hughes. 

Forsling and Murphy need to get back soon.  Rutta looked completely lost in the first game, I've never been a big fan of him.  And Manning is just bad.  That was a bad signing from the beginning and he proved it in the first game by keep going to the player and not the puck.

I will say it was great to see the stars of the team show up.  Toews looked fantastic.  Kane was bleh until the GW goal.  Seabrook was pretty good.

Edited by GGajewski18

13 hours ago, Tony said:

Maybe he’s eating meat again?!? :) 

:lol: Seriously. Still alot of bad hockey players we got, but can't say the stars (Toews and Kane) haven't shown up to start. That kid Jokiharju is gonna be a stud. Just a fantastic looking young defenseman at only 19!!

3 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Toews is so back.  Hawks are so back.  Let's go boys!

They don't have any depth. Toews and Kane can't carry them. Still not a playoff team when they start getting some injuries. I love the Hawks  have since I was kid listening on a transistor radio to the Hull Brothers, Pit Martin, Eric Nesterenko, Crow may be progressing but there's still a possibility he never comes back or is never the same if he does. Jokiharju looks legit. Would like Kahun to get some more minutes. PP needs to get going.

Still, getting 4 points on the road is a nice start.

That game was so so entertaining despite the outcome. 44 game winning streak when Toews and Kane score ends. Shades of Hawks Stanley Cup teams scoring not once but 2 times with an empty net. 4 minute PP Hawks looked terrible. Not gonna blame Ward except on the GWG .

Nice to see Kahun get 2 assists and Hayden get a goal. Murph won't be back probably until Xmas . Forsling hopefully soon . Any D men available ?

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread