Official NHL COVID season thread

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If this is serious, maybe.  I have wanted to take the kids to a game, and they won't really care that much about how bad the team is and remember the game experience more than anything.

Mostly joking, but kinda serious, I could take a look at what we have left later in the year.  But if this keeps up, just keep your eye on the secondary market especially just before weeknight games.  You'll be able to buy decent tickets for way below face if it's anything like last season.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, Jack Parkman said:

I will say this, if you're on either the "Fire Stan" or "Fire Q" train, you can't be that far off on the other, can you? I'm on the fence on Bowman personally, but thought Q needed to go last year. I'd be on the Clean House train if it wasn't for Stan's drafting. 

I said this on the day that Q was fired. I am absolutely no longer on the fence. Q needed to go, Bowman needed to go, and the Cup winning core who is lazy and pouting needs to go. Blow it the fuck up and start over. I was hopeful that the team would play better after Q got shitcanned, and that was going to be my determining factor on Bowman. This entire team is a joke and  a disgrace, and it is on both Q and Bowman. They both deserve to get whacked. At this point, I'd give it equal blame. 

I was on the "wait and see" train when Q got fired. My defense of Bowman was only because I thought Q should go first. There is no defending Bowman at this point. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

17 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

After a performance like tonight’s, they should fire Quenneville.

Oh wait

Q absolutely needed to go. Bowman does too. The end. All of you Q people remind me of the Bears fans who thought Ditka was untouchable and wanted to bring him back after Jauron was fired. Q is becoming hockey Ditka. His time had come. 

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass whose fault it was between Q and Bowman. Q is gone, as he deserved to get canned, and now get Bowman the fuck out of his job and get some new eyes in the organization. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

14 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Q absolutely needed to go. Bowman does too. The end. All of you Q people remind me of the Bears fans who thought Ditka was untouchable and wanted to bring him back after Jauron was fired. Q is becoming hockey Ditka. His time had come. 

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass whose fault it was between Q and Bowman. Q is gone, as he deserved to get canned, and now get Bowman the fuck out of his job and get some new eyes in the organization. 

Oh be quiet. Three weeks ago, you were calling Bowman a great talent evaluator. Honest to god you change your opinion on every hot topic almost immediately and you’ve quite honestly done it again on this. No one ever said Quenneville deserved to stay rather that they both needed to go. Your argument was that Bowman was the one who gave Quenneville these players (the same ones that you praised Bowman for acquiring or drafting) and since Bowman is so good at his job, it must have been Q who wanted the players. GMAFB. Take your hiatus already.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, soxfan49 said:

Oh be quiet. Three weeks ago, you were calling Bowman a great talent evaluator. Honest to god you change your opinion on every hot topic almost immediately and you’ve quite honestly done it again on this. No one ever said Quenneville deserved to stay rather that they both needed to go. Your argument was that Bowman was the one who gave Quenneville these players (the same ones that you praised Bowman for acquiring or drafting) and since Bowman is so good at his job, it must have been Q who wanted the players. GMAFB. Take your hiatus already.

I always said that Bowman was bad at everything other than drafting. Go back and read the thread. I also said I was on the fence on him. I wanted to see what happened after Q was canned. The only reason I defended him keeping his job when Q was fired was because I wanted to see what happened with a different coach. Also, they need great talent evaluation more than anything else currently. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't change my opinion that Q had become worse at his job than Bowman was at his. Not to say that either were are good, but that is beside the point. 

EDIT: 12/9/18

I guess when it boils down to it, I'm ok with them either keeping or firing Bowman. If they don't fire Bowman by the TDL, they should give him AT LEAST until the end of 2020 to fix his mess before whacking him. 

I will say this...My approval rating of Bowman was significantly higher than Quenneville on 11/6/18. I was fed up with Q. I am indifferent toward Bowman, but absolutely had grown to despise Q's handling of the team. I thank Q for everything, and he was a hell of a coach with the Hawks, but his time had come to move on. I was much more frustrated with Q's coaching than Bowman's team management. Not to say that Bowman was good at it, but I was pissed at Q every time I watched a game and I could understand at the very least Bowman's moves. Q's coaching decisions were just baffling. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread