Official NHL COVID season thread

56 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This team...

Not even Hughes can fix this trainwreck. I can live with the team sucking if their prospects were up, but they are just slow, weak and just don't give a shit. Too much dead weight (Kunitz, Manning, Seabrook, Martinsen, Rutta, Kruger just to name a few) on this roster.

8 hours ago, Tony said:

I think with all of this I miss Hossa the most. He was such a calming factor, still somehow criminally underrated, just taken for granted almost. 

I’m not saying he would make a difference now, I’m just getting nolstogic and thinking about the good times..

It is amazing how quickly the team fell apart when he left.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

At this point they need to do whatever they can to get the No. 1 pick. Hughes sounds like the real deal. 

Drafting Hughes and signing Panarin would be awesome, but unfortunately their defense is so atrocious that I think they should take the Panarin deal and pay a defenseman unless they think Boqvist is the real deal.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Drafting Hughes and signing Panarin would be awesome, but unfortunately their defense is so atrocious that I think they should take the Panarin deal and pay a defenseman unless they think Boqvist is the real deal.

Boqvist is lighting up the OHL after adjusting to the smaller ice. I maintain that Boqvist will be the 2nd best defenseman from the 2018 draft after Dahlin. Boqvist has been compared to a young Erik Karlsson and I don't think that comparison is too far off. 

He has 9+15=24 in 22 games for the London Knights. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/265684/adam-boqvist

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Boqvist is lighting up the OHL after adjusting to the smaller ice. I maintain that Boqvist will be the 2nd best defenseman from the 2018 draft after Dahlin. Boqvist has been compared to a young Erik Karlsson and I don't think that comparison is too far off. 

He has 9+15=24 in 22 games for the London Knights. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/265684/adam-boqvist

He will have to be much better than Karlsson defensively though, because again, playing actual defense is an issue and an issue for the foreseeable future.

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He will have to be much better than Karlsson defensively though, because again, playing actual defense is an issue and an issue for the foreseeable future.

Completely agreed. Karlsson isn't as bad as most think he is defensively(average to slightly above for an NHL D) but you can live with that due to his offensive output. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread