Official NHL COVID season thread

33 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Back to back big losses for the Hawks. Team just isn't very good. Anisimov, Saad, Gustafsson, etc. are guys Stan should look to move and get assets back. 

The recent stretch was fun but I think strength of schedule was a big part of it. Getting beat by better teams on the schedule again. 

Piggybacking what you and Tony said, when Toews and Kane signed those monster deals, you kind of assumed if 88 was a MVP candidate and 19 was putting up a point per game, it would be enough to at least get you in the playoffs, but that's not even the case with this roster.

14 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Back to back big losses for the Hawks. Team just isn't very good. Anisimov, Saad, Gustafsson, etc. are guys Stan should look to move and get assets back. 

Yea those losses suck to teams ahead of you in the playoff race. Gus isn't a very good defenseman but he has been the key to the Hawks much improved power play. Hawks need a good defenseman badly. They give up way too many breakaways and odd man rushes.

6 hours ago, Tony said:

No moves from the Hawks. As mentioned earlier, would have been OK with them selling off a few pieces, but I understand the message that sends. Probably best they stood pat. 

I agree.  Think Anisomov will be gone in the off season.  Outside chance Crawford could be gone too.  

What's up with Perlini lately ?  Hat Trick last night almost had a 4th goal with a puck that trickled through the goalie hit the post then laid on the goal line. 6 goals in last 5 games. Didn't realize he was still only 22 and  number 12 pick in 2014 draft.  Can Kane get to 50 goals in the last 13 games ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I turned down free tickets to last night's game. My girlfriend had to work late, and even though I could have called off work myself, I didn't want to do it just to go alone. 

Whoops.

But my brother ended up taking his daughter for her first ever Hawks game and she loved it. Apparently she was mascotting for the section and was giving high-fives all around for each goal.

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread