Official NHL COVID season thread

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Hawks play the Leafs tonight. Always entertaining games between these two teams. Last time we played them Q was still our HC, Schmaltz was in our top 6 and Brandon Manning was doing his usual suckage. 

Ah, the Matthews taunt followed by the Kane reenactment 

Great to see Crow get a shutout. 48 saves. Perlini with 8th goal in seven games after sitting for 4 straight. Hawks record is amazing considering they have given up the 2nd most goals in the NHL while Ottawa, who has given up just a few more, might be the worst team in the NHL.  5th straight win.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, justBLAZE said:

Man I do not know what to think of these Hawks, I saw them live in Dallas and they looked really good, totally opposite from most of the games I watched on TV.  I hope they can pull it off and get a wild card spot. These young guys are fun to watch. 

One day they're beating Toronto in their building, the next they're losing a home game to the f***ing Canucks

Edited by soxfan49

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fun the Hawks gave fans hope till the end, but this was over about a month ago. They dug themselves too big of a hole, and the defense just isn’t playoff quality, at all. 

Sucks they are going to waste these years from 88-19-12. Oh well. Stan’s got some work to do this offseason, and a little money to play with. 

There are only two options: 

1. Trade the young D for both Fowler and Trouba, and hope that you can hold on to Boqvist. 

2. Wait for the young D to develop. 

There is no other plausible way to fix the D group. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

The fact you’ve identified two players being the only ones that could fix the Hawks D next season. Speaking in absolutes that there is no other plausible way. This coming from Mr. Hot Take. 

Maybe, just maybe people that do this for a living have some other ideas on how it could be done, and that acquiring two specific players aren’t the only way this group could significantly improve. 

They're the only D that are a) good and b) rumored to be available via trade. 

Gardiner sucks, and I want no part of the contract that either he or Karlsson are going to get. 

While Gardiner and Karlsson are possible, the consequences could be disastrous. I don't want another Seabrook level albatross. 

Also, if they sign those two guys, they put their ability to keep Strome and DeBrincat in jeopardy. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

So now we can say its officially over, right?

We went back and forth, but ended up renewing our season tickets for one more year.  Face value has outpriced the secondary market, but the games are still fun and damnit, they have one more run left in them!

Honestly they shocked me with how they adjusted after Q left. It took them about a month but once it clicked they went from literally worst team in hockey to almost the 8th seed. If you play a whole season like that, this would have been a mid tier playoff team. Obviously the D and goaltending really needs some work,  but wow what a difference. 

On a side note, does this team miss Hossa or what. He retired and everything fell apart. 

13 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly they shocked me with how they adjusted after Q left. It took them about a month but once it clicked they went from literally worst team in hockey to almost the 8th seed. If you play a whole season like that, this would have been a mid tier playoff team. Obviously the D and goaltending really needs some work,  but wow what a difference. 

On a side note, does this team miss Hossa or what. He retired and everything fell apart. 

It makes you wonder if they screwed up but not making the coaching change in the offseason. In no way am I saying Colliton is a better coach than Q, but this roster was ready for a change, and maybe they should have given Colliton the whole offseason if they liked him so much.

And yes, Hossa was so important. Got all caught up in the contract stuff, it was easy to forget how awesome he was,  on both ends of the ice.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, LittleHurt05 said:

Kane has completely disappeared the last 10 games, but what can you say after he was a MVP candidate on a non playoff team for the first 65 games.

I was just coming in here to say I was sorry for jinxing him . I made a post asking if he will score 50 goals and I don't think he has even one since that post.

Edit: Made that post on March 12, 9 games since 0 goals for Kane.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread