Official NHL COVID season thread

9 hours ago, bmags said:

every St. Louis tweet is some bizarre, mundane fact that ties in the cardinals and just blows them away. 

St. Louis has nothing.  No culture, no vibrant downtown.  It has the cardinals.  They don't even give a crap about the Blues.

13 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

St. Louis has nothing.  No culture, no vibrant downtown.  It has the cardinals.  They don't even give a crap about the Blues.

False. Especially since the Rams split

I dont care for either franchise, but overall Im pleased the Blues won based on the simple fact that Boston teams have won enough championships lately. 

Also, I find it really cool that they were basically just as bad as the Hawks when the season started and then won it all. The Hawks should use this as extra motivation.

3 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

If you guys legit think STL doesn’t care about the Blues then you’re just being ignorant because you don’t like the Blues.  The end.  

I was moreso agreeing with the "no culture, no vibrant downtown." Honestly, I have no fucking clue if the citizens of St. Louis care about the Blues. I'll never get a great pulse on the subject because that would mean I was in St. Louis and I have absolutely zero desire to go to that shithole again in my life.

39 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Hawks acquire Olli Maata from the Pens for Kahun and a 5th.  Maata signed for three more years at just over 4 mil AAV.

Kubalik is gonna be pissed seeing his friend traded. 

Wouldn't mind seeing a Maata-Jokiharju Fin pairing though.

19 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Kubalik is gonna be pissed seeing his friend traded. 

Wouldn't mind seeing a Maata-Jokiharju Fin pairing though.

I would've preferred never seeing Maatta play here. He's very bad for that contract. He's no better than a 5th defenseman

16 hours ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Draft on Friday. What is everyone's final thoughts for #3? I say Byram - no one in our young core has his ceiling (#1 potential) and is a lefty to boot. Everyone mock I see has him clear cut #3 BPA.

I want Turcotte but would be perfectly fine with Byram too. Darkhorse is Zegras. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:42 PM, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Draft on Friday. What is everyone's final thoughts for #3? I say Byram - no one in our young core has his ceiling (#1 potential) and is a lefty to boot. Everyone mock I see has him clear cut #3 BPA.

I can't decide if the Maata trade means drafting Byram  or Turcotte. I'll go with Byram but if the Hawks pick a center or winger I'm going with Zegras but I love Cozens game , skating and size.

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread