Official NHL COVID season thread

Hahaha Bowman loves getting ex Blackhawks. I HATE giving up futures, but I LOVE Shaw so I don't mind this (don't love or hate it basically). I will say this team was charmin soft last year and I like that we're getting the Caggiula/Shaw type guys to mix in with the skill players. And he put up a career high 47 points in 63 games last season so he's gotten better since he left.

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Hahaha Bowman loves getting ex Blackhawks. I HATE giving up futures, but I LOVE Shaw so I don't mind this (don't love or hate it basically). I will say this team was charmin soft last year and I like that we're getting the Caggiula/Shaw type guys to mix in with the skill players. And he put up a career high 47 points in 63 games last season so he's gotten better since he left.

He does some dumb stuff, but I'm a fan of his hustle. I wish Saad played as hard.

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I'd be more excited about Lehner except now I have to cheer for another jackass

I couldn't get into sports if I started caring about the people themselves instead of the player. Bobby Hull the player is an all time great. Bobby Hull the person is an all time asshole. There  are two separate boxes in my head so that both of those things are accurate. 

7 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

It's a political thing which I won't drown this thread with. He has made some comments which have led a lot to believe that he's a white supremacist.

BTW, great to have you back.

Which is exactly why I made the Hull comparison. Hull did some things above and beyond being a Nazi sympathizer to make him a first class asshole. But yes, that is where I was going. 

I'm in a bind with this one. I actually like Alex Nylander alot and think he'll have a Strome like resurgence but I really, really like Jokiharju and the intangibles he brings. I don't get this one. Well... I get it but... damn.

Edited by SoxAce

I thought they could have received more, but Nylander has crazy upside and they have at least 5 D with similar or better upside than Jokiharju. I'm going to let this play out before tearing Stan a new asshole for this one. Kneejerk reaction was ew though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread