Official NHL COVID season thread

@ptatc

There was just an article that Connor McDavid is playing this season with a completely torn PCL. IIRC, there is no good reconstructive surgery for that and a PCL injury ended Brian Urlacher's career. (Different sports, I know) 

How would a severe PCL injury affect a hockey player and how would it affect longevity? 

Thanks, Parkman

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

giphy.gif

Highmore does absolutely nothing well. Nylander had been a plus corsi/fenwick player over the last couple weeks of play until the Boston game, where the whole team played like crap. He's being more noticeable doing the right things. He keeps doing that, the points will come. My only gripe other than lack of production with Nylander's game right now is his effort during board play. 

Yes, they shouldn't have traded Joki for him, but that doesn't matter anymore. Joki is gone, Nylander is here so let's hope he becomes at least a 45 to 55 point 2nd liner. It does nobody any good to continually whine about this. b****ing constantly won't make Jokiharju a Blackhawk again. So STFU already and hope Nylander figures it out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

DeBrincat has apparently forgotten how to play hockey. He's been brutal for a while now. Can't shoot anymore, can't receive or make a pass, etc.

And Strome might be the softest 6'3, 200 pound player I've ever seen. Go to the corners and lay the body one fucking time man. Jesus..

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Highmore does absolutely nothing well. Nylander had been a plus corsi/fenwick player over the last couple weeks of play until the Boston game, where the whole team played like crap. He's being more noticeable doing the right things. He keeps doing that, the points will come. My only gripe other than lack of production with Nylander's game right now is his effort during board play. 

Yes, they shouldn't have traded Joki for him, but that doesn't matter anymore. Joki is gone, Nylander is here so let's hope he becomes at least a 45 to 55 point 2nd liner. It does nobody any good to continually whine about this. b****ing constantly won't make Jokiharju a Blackhawk again. So STFU already and hope Nylander figures it out. 

Ah, the sweet tone of someone who realizes their beginning-of-the-year opinion was dead wrong

32 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Ah, the sweet tone of someone who realizes their beginning-of-the-year opinion was dead wrong

What's funny is that I never liked that deal, as I thought that they gave up too much. However, I don't think Jokiharju is anything special either. He's your run of the mill 8 year pro bottom 4 defenseman. Nylander has more upside in his left pinky than Jokiharju does in his entire body. Jokiharju is much safer though. Jokiharju will be an NHL player for a while, while Nylander could be a 1st line winger or completely wash out. Not that I ever agreed with it, but I understood the logic behind the trade. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What's funny is that I never liked that deal, as I thought that they gave up too much. However, I don't think Jokiharju is anything special either. He's your run of the mill 8 year pro bottom 4 defenseman. Nylander has more upside in his left pinky than Jokiharju does in his entire body. Jokiharju is much safer though. Jokiharju will be an NHL player for a while, while Nylander could be a 1st line winger or completely wash out. Not that I ever agreed with it, but I understood the logic behind the trade. 

A bottom 4 defenseman? Well gee, it's not like the Hawks could use a #3 or #4 defenseman or anything

9 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A bottom 4 defenseman? Well gee, it's not like the Hawks could use a #3 or #4 defenseman or anything

Their defensemen are fine. It's their forwards that are the problem in their own zone.

It is my belief that the problem with the Hawks defense is that their forwards arent good enough in their own end. I have very few complaints about their defensemen. 

Contrary to popular belief, playing defense in hockey is a team effort. The defensemen aren't the only players that defend. 

The Hawks don't need bottom 4 defensemen. They have plenty of those already. They need a bonafide #1. You don't get those unless you draft them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Some of you guys deserve for the Hawks to replace Bowman with Chiarelli so you all know what an actual bad GM looks like. 

After initially taking Bowman's side in the Bowman vs Q battle, didn't you end up bashing Bowman? Now you're back on the idea that he isn't that bad?

Bowman's a terrible GM. Drop it already

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

After initially taking Bowman's side in the Bowman vs Q battle, didn't you end up bashing Bowman? Now you're back on the idea that he isn't that bad?

Bowman's a terrible GM. Drop it already

I hate Colliton. If it takes firing Bowman to be rid of JC, then so be it. 

That being said, it was time for Quenneville to go. I was fine with giving Colliton a chance. It's not working, time for him to go. 

Bowman isn't terrible. If he got fired he'd have job offers from 10 teams within hours of his dismissal. 

You and Tony deserve Chia Pet. 

Bowman can't hear all of the GMs that you claim are better than him because his ears are plugged with 2 of his 3 Stanley Cup rings. 

Tallon wanted to Re-Sign Havlat instead of signing Hossa.  That would have been a disaster that would have resulted in zero Stanley Cups, so you can shove your "Tallon and Mike Smith built the team" where the sun don't shine. Bowman is responsible for all 3 Stanley Cups on that move alone. 

There are some truly bad GMs out there. You don't know how good you have it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hate Colliton. If it takes firing Bowman to be rid of JC, then so be it. 

That being said, it was time for Quenneville to go. I was fine with giving Colliton a chance. It's not working, time for him to go. 

Bowman isn't terrible. If he got fired he'd have job offers from 10 teams within hours of his dismissal. 

You and Tony deserve Chia Pet. 

Bowman can't hear all of the GMs that you claim are better than him because his ears are plugged with 2 of his 3 Stanley Cup rings. 

Tallon wanted to Re-Sign Havlat instead of signing Hossa.  That would have been a disaster that would have resulted in zero Stanley Cups, so you can shove your "Tallon and Mike Smith built the team" where the sun don't shine. Bowman is responsible for all 3 Stanley Cups on that move alone. 

There are some truly bad GMs out there. You don't know how good you have it. 

You are being laughed at. The Havlat/Hossa stuff is probably some message board nonsense that can't be proven. He would absolutely not have 10 calls within hours of his firing. Again: laughable.

Bowman has little to do with these Stanley Cups. Aside from Debrincat, Shaw, and I guess Dach, who has he drafted (oh and Jokiharju and Teuvo who he stupidly traded for scrubs)? He's made terrible trades. He's given away horrific contracts. The guy is a dope and the coach he hired is even worse.

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread