Official NHL COVID season thread

1 hour ago, Tony said:

You just posted a Chief article, as if you agree with it. 

If your hockey credibility was already damaged in my mind, now it's destroyed. 

Chief is quite frankly the biggest meathead out there. If you agree with his takes, I can't help you. 

I'm done discussing hockey on SoxTalk. This is just too much. 

Chief is the Hockey equivalent of the McGowan callers on the Score during the Trestman Era Bears. 

Anyone who agrees with Chief loses all credibility instantly, and I know it's not worth arguing anymore. Bye. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

On 3/19/2020 at 9:19 PM, Jack Parkman said:

You just posted a Chief article, as if you agree with it. 

If your hockey credibility was already damaged in my mind, now it's destroyed. 

Chief is quite frankly the biggest meathead out there. If you agree with his takes, I can't help you. 

I'm done discussing hockey on SoxTalk. This is just too much. 

Chief is the Hockey equivalent of the McGowan callers on the Score during the Trestman Era Bears. 

Anyone who agrees with Chief loses all credibility instantly, and I know it's not worth arguing anymore. Bye. 

The hell is wrong with you? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Tony said:

Murphy has turned into a fairly serviceable guy, thought he was having a decent season. (Agreeing with you, ha). 

Hawks still need a lot of work, but hopefully the upcoming core can start to provide a foundation for the future. 

I'm a big fan of Murphy.  He'll be that veteran too on the backhand after Keith.  He could be one half of a defensive line like back in the day with Hammer and Oduya.  

Thanks for agreeing with me, Tony :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yesssssss......This made my day. 

Quite frankly, despite my defense of Bowman over the years, I'm pretty indifferent about him. I think McCub lost his job because he was pulling some strings that Bowman didn't want. Bowman has been pretty average since the 2015-16 season. If there are changes, one thing they don't need to change is their amateur and international scouting department. They've been nails for a while. Over a decade, while winning, the Hawks only drafted one complete bust in the 1st round and found a lot of contributors. I don't know how much is the Bowmans and how much is Mark Kelley. This is the most important department for the Blackhawks right now. 

If they choose to retain Bowman, I'm fine with that decision and if they choose to move on, I'm fine with that. Just don't lose the scouting department that looks pretty smart lately with Kubalik and Dach. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

30 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yesssssss......This made my day. 

Quite frankly, despite my defense of Bowman over the years, I'm pretty indifferent about him. I think McCub lost his job because he was pulling some strings that Bowman didn't want. Bowman has been pretty average since the 2015-16 season. If there are changes, one thing they don't need to change is their amateur and international scouting department. They've been nails for a while. Over a decade, while winning, the Hawks only drafted one complete bust in the 1st round and found a lot of contributors. I don't know how much is the Bowmans and how much is Mark Kelley. This is the most important department for the Blackhawks right now. 

If they choose to retain Bowman, I'm fine with that decision and if they choose to move on, I'm fine with that. Just don't lose the scouting department that looks pretty smart lately with Kubalik and Dach. 

Did you see who broke the news?

cc @Tony

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

BTW, I don't doubt Chief has sources, I think his opinion pieces are the meatball of meatballs. 100% Spicy Italian. 

He's broken stuff before, I know that. There's a difference between fact and opinion. 

You doubt he has sources? So he randomly picked the day they signed Mitchell & the day they fired McDonough and decided to post prior to hoping for a miracle and magically he got them both right?

Good lord.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You doubt he has sources? So he randomly picked the day they signed Mitchell & the day they fired McDonough and decided to post prior to hoping for a miracle and magically he got them both right?

Good lord.

Reading is hard. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

BTW, I don't doubt Chief has sources, I think his opinion pieces are the meatball of meatballs. 100% Spicy Italian. 

He's broken stuff before, I know that. There's a difference between fact and opinion. 

Took you a while to realize that and I'm not the biggest Chief fan as far as discussing hockey but he's always had sources. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

No, moreseo your points about the Hawks defense not being a problem this season, and you constantly holding water for Bowman. That, and you consistently having to walk back, edit, or "clarify" your stance after everyone demolishes your paper-thin arguments. Oh, and you saying last month you were done talking hockey on Soxtalk, but of course none of us actually believing it. 

That's what I was referring to, to be clear. 

Don't forget stage 4, which is issuing a pathetic apology

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

No, moreseo your points about the Hawks defense not being a problem this season, and you constantly holding water for Bowman. That, and you consistently having to walk back, edit, or "clarify" your stance after everyone demolishes your paper-thin arguments. Oh, and you saying last month you were done talking hockey on Soxtalk, but of course none of us actually believing it. 

That's what I was referring to, to be clear. 

I only came back to post because it's big news. 

I maintain that the problem with the Hawks D lies with the forwards and not the defensemen, other than the fact that they're missing a true #1D. 

Not gonna argue anymore on here about this.  I commented on the big news and I'm done. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread