southsider2k5

Official 2018-2019 NHL thread

Haha, that's good stuff right there.

The Hawks sure are milking every penny they can out of Patrick Sharp's good looks.  He's in every ad they run everywhere.

55 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

This is outstanding. 

It's funny how many responses to this didn't understand what they were spoofing. Fantastic work by the Hawks.

What's up with Perlini lately ?  Hat Trick last night almost had a 4th goal with a puck that trickled through the goalie hit the post then laid on the goal line. 6 goals in last 5 games. Didn't realize he was still only 22 and  number 12 pick in 2014 draft.  Can Kane get to 50 goals in the last 13 games ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I turned down free tickets to last night's game. My girlfriend had to work late, and even though I could have called off work myself, I didn't want to do it just to go alone. 

Whoops.

But my brother ended up taking his daughter for her first ever Hawks game and she loved it. Apparently she was mascotting for the section and was giving high-fives all around for each goal.

Hawks play the Leafs tonight. Always entertaining games between these two teams. Last time we played them Q was still our HC, Schmaltz was in our top 6 and Brandon Manning was doing his usual suckage. 

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Hawks play the Leafs tonight. Always entertaining games between these two teams. Last time we played them Q was still our HC, Schmaltz was in our top 6 and Brandon Manning was doing his usual suckage. 

Ah, the Matthews taunt followed by the Kane reenactment 

Great to see Crow get a shutout. 48 saves. Perlini with 8th goal in seven games after sitting for 4 straight. Hawks record is amazing considering they have given up the 2nd most goals in the NHL while Ottawa, who has given up just a few more, might be the worst team in the NHL.  5th straight win.

Man I do not know what to think of these Hawks, I saw them live in Dallas and they looked really good, totally opposite from most of the games I watched on TV.  I hope they can pull it off and get a wild card spot. These young guys are fun to watch. 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, justBLAZE said:

Man I do not know what to think of these Hawks, I saw them live in Dallas and they looked really good, totally opposite from most of the games I watched on TV.  I hope they can pull it off and get a wild card spot. These young guys are fun to watch. 

One day they're beating Toronto in their building, the next they're losing a home game to the f***ing Canucks

Edited by soxfan49

Well I guess they are just gonna have to sweep Colorado this evening.

Tonight was the worst game I've seen Kane play in a long time.

Looks like the Avs just put the final nail in the Hawks coffin for the playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Looks like the Avs just put the final nail in the Hawks coffin for the playoffs. 

Fun the Hawks gave fans hope till the end, but this was over about a month ago. They dug themselves too big of a hole, and the defense just isn’t playoff quality, at all. 

Sucks they are going to waste these years from 88-19-12. Oh well. Stan’s got some work to do this offseason, and a little money to play with. 

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fun the Hawks gave fans hope till the end, but this was over about a month ago. They dug themselves too big of a hole, and the defense just isn’t playoff quality, at all. 

Sucks they are going to waste these years from 88-19-12. Oh well. Stan’s got some work to do this offseason, and a little money to play with. 

There are only two options: 

1. Trade the young D for both Fowler and Trouba, and hope that you can hold on to Boqvist. 

2. Wait for the young D to develop. 

There is no other plausible way to fix the D group. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

There are only two options: 

1. Trade the young D for both Fowler and Trouba, and hope that you can hold on to Boqvist. 

2. Wait for the young D to develop. 

There is no other plausible way to fix the D group. 

lol