Official NHL COVID season thread

43 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Hawks gave up 2nd most goals in NHL and pass on what scouts say is a true #1 defenseman and could play this season. Seabrook and Keith not getting any younger.

Byram is Erik Johnson.  Highly overrated. I think Broberg will probably end up being a better NHL D. 

I am a huge fan of the Dach selection. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Man, those who follow pretty closely seem to be pretty pissed about Kirby Dach. I mean, at least the Hawks didn't go way off the board at #3, but seeing people say Byram was the consensus #3 for a while and then the Hawks pass on him kind of sucks. Wonder if that shows their confidence in Boqvist and the hefty amount of D-man prospects in the system. But still, those guys are all tradeable if you had to.

Damn . What's up Dach ? Seems as if the Hawks have wanted a power guy fora long time.Should've seen this coming. Hawks love his over all game, size, skills, play making, grit, back checking, puck stripping, upside. There were just too many smallish type players available and Hawks already have those types.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Damn . What's up Dach ? Seems as if the Hawks have wanted a power guy fora long time.Should've seen this coming. Hawks love his over all game, size, skills, play making, grit, back checking, puck stripping, upside. There were just too many smallish type players available and Hawks already have those types.

Yep. They wanted a guy similar to Toews as a two way player. He will help the defense unlike some of the other center men or forwards available. 

51 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Just saw De Haan had reconstructive shoulder surgery back in May. Hopefully he'll be good to go by September/October. 

Still love the move, Hawks need to go upside right now and they will get that with De Haan 

12 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Just saw De Haan had reconstructive shoulder surgery back in May. Hopefully he'll be good to go by September/October. 

I can't find much on what the surgery was but this is his 4th shoulder surgery. He missed almost half a season after one of them.He doesn't miss many games overall but it is a cause for concern.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, soxfan49 said:

I've heard good things about de Haan but really how good could he be? He was just traded for two schmucks.

Maybe I'm a little paranoid because I think Bowman sucks but it seems off to me.

A good defensive defenseman, which the Hawks really needed. Upside is a Nik Hjalmarsson type of player. 

San Jose has to resign a few of their guys. If I'm Stan Bowman, I'd absolutely look to offer sheet Timo Meier or even Kevin Lebanc from them. Worst case they match one and sign the other and you can get Pavelski in FA.

They can't afford all of them and would be sweet payback from them trying to fuck us over for Hjalmarsson years ago.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, SoxAce said:

San Jose has to resign a few of their guys. If I'm Stan Bowman, I'd absolutely look to offer sheet Timo Meier or even Kevin Lebanc from them. Worst case they match one and sign the other and you can get Pavelski in FA.

They can't afford all of them and would be sweet payback from them trying to fuck us over for Hjalmarsson years ago.

Remember how up-in-arms the city was when they let Niemi walk? :lol:

• Haha 1

Gusev would be another guy I'd try to go after if I'm the Hawks. He is just as talented as Panarin coming out of Russia IMO. Vegas is trying to sign him but are still in cap trouble. Offer sheet or trade I'd explore. 

Edited by SoxAce

48 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Gusev would be another guy I'd try to go after if I'm the Hawks. He is just as talented as Panarin coming out of Russia IMO. Vegas is trying to sign him but are still in cap trouble. Offer sheet or trade I'd explore. 

^^^

I'd love them to get Gusev. 

• Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread