Jump to content
southsider2k5

Official 2018-2019 NHL thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Rangers have alot of wingers though. I wouldn't be shocked if they take Byram. If they do take Kakko, Hawks have alot of options they can go (Podkolzin, Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Dach, etc).

This is the top defenseman, right?  Is this a guy who could plug and play with the Hawks right away and improve their defense, or he is more of an offensive guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is the top defenseman, right?  Is this a guy who could plug and play with the Hawks right away and improve their defense, or he is more of an offensive guy?

2 way defensemen. Kid is a stud. He is not on that Dahlin tier, but he's been compared to a LH Drew Doughty. I'll take that.

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoxAce said:

2 way defensemen. Kid is a stud. He is not on that Dahlin tier, but he's been compared to a LH Drew Doughty. I'll take that.

There is so much gain to be made by getting a top D-man.  If we got that out of a kid, I would love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really depends if the Hawks feel they've drafted enough defensemen over the past couple of years (much more RH though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can't get a nearly NHL-ready guy at #3, then I hope they trade the pick for a top 4 D-man. Hawks are playing with house money from this lottery and NEED to use this window of Kane/Toews/Keith/Crawford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So David (Blue Jackets) slays Goliath (Tampa Bay) in the first round... Wow.

Isles sweep Pens too!

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when a team is clearly the best team in the league and then "chokes" in the playoffs. 

Oh well, NHL playoffs are always a crapshoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I hate when a team is clearly the best team in the league and then "chokes" in the playoffs. 

Oh well, NHL playoffs are always a crapshoot

Which is what makes the NHL so great. I can't stand the NBA, because for the most part the season and the playoffs are just a formality. 85-90% of the time, you could hand out the Larry O'Brien trophy before one regular season game has been played, and you'd be correct. What is the point of that and how in the hell is it even entertaining? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Hard to watch and read about Byram and not get excited if he's the pick

Pretty much between he and Turcotte for me (whose being compared to Bergeron/Toews). Hawks can pick either guy and be sitting pretty for a long time. 

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pretty much between he and Turcotte for me (whose being compared to Bergeron/Toews). Hawks can pick either guy and be sitting pretty for a long time. 

Podkolzin is a little scary because of the Russia factor but he can play too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FUCK, I just realized that the Stanley Cup Final will be in town when I am in Boston the 28th-2nd. They are playing at home while I'm at the Red Sox game. The town should be absolutely packed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a hockey fan, this final is gonna be fun. As a Blackhawks fan, this final SUCKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

As a hockey fan, this final is gonna be fun. As a Blackhawks fan, this final SUCKS.

Seriously. It's the ultimate worst case scenario. I despise everything about Boston but you are not a true Hawks fan if you are rooting for fucking St. Louis. So go Boston I guess... and hope it's going to be their last title for the next 50+ years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoxAce said:

Seriously. It's the ultimate worst case scenario. I despise everything about Boston but you are not a true Hawks fan if you are rooting for fucking St. Louis. So go Boston I guess... and hope it's going to be their last title for the next 50+ years. 

Exactly right Ace, I can never root to end the misery of Blues fans but fuck if I hate having to root for Boston to do it. Hoping it goes 7 and Boston wins to at least maximize the pain for Blues fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jokiharju and Lankinen win gold for Finland. 

 

 

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×