Jump to content
southsider2k5

Official 2018-2019 NHL thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Yea Toews has looked like vintage Toews the last 20 games or so. It's been a pleasure to watch.

I think playing with Kubalik has opened up the ice a bit for him . I think Toews lost a lot of energy trying to play in front of the net while trying to still be the same good defensive player. Too much time and energy skating end to end and battles in front of the net making his shifts less effective. Toews can now trust Kunalik on rushes or when Toews pulls up Kubalik will drive the net or give Toews a good angle to pass. This in turn saves him some energy and be more effective both offensively and defensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Yea Toews has looked like vintage Toews the last 20 games or so. It's been a pleasure to watch.

12 pts. in last 5 games and 28 in last 20. Undefeated Canadian road trip. Would like to see them beat Winnipeg at home today.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid win against the team directly in front of them for a playoff spot. Beat the Panthers and go into the break feeling good about yourselves and come out rested and ready to go.

Congrats to Kane on 1000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ptatc

There was just an article that Connor McDavid is playing this season with a completely torn PCL. IIRC, there is no good reconstructive surgery for that and a PCL injury ended Brian Urlacher's career. (Different sports, I know) 

How would a severe PCL injury affect a hockey player and how would it affect longevity? 

 

Thanks, Parkman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

Are the Hawks back or what?

 

Sure hope so. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

I will say, they definitely have a chance simply because their goaltending is solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Trading Jokijarju was brilliant 🙄

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tony said:

giphy.gif

Highmore does absolutely nothing well. Nylander had been a plus corsi/fenwick player over the last couple weeks of play until the Boston game, where the whole team played like crap. He's being more noticeable doing the right things. He keeps doing that, the points will come. My only gripe other than lack of production with Nylander's game right now is his effort during board play. 

Yes, they shouldn't have traded Joki for him, but that doesn't matter anymore. Joki is gone, Nylander is here so let's hope he becomes at least a 45 to 55 point 2nd liner. It does nobody any good to continually whine about this. b****ing constantly won't make Jokiharju a Blackhawk again. So STFU already and hope Nylander figures it out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeBrincat has apparently forgotten how to play hockey. He's been brutal for a while now. Can't shoot anymore, can't receive or make a pass, etc.

And Strome might be the softest 6'3, 200 pound player I've ever seen. Go to the corners and lay the body one fucking time man. Jesus..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Highmore does absolutely nothing well. Nylander had been a plus corsi/fenwick player over the last couple weeks of play until the Boston game, where the whole team played like crap. He's being more noticeable doing the right things. He keeps doing that, the points will come. My only gripe other than lack of production with Nylander's game right now is his effort during board play. 

Yes, they shouldn't have traded Joki for him, but that doesn't matter anymore. Joki is gone, Nylander is here so let's hope he becomes at least a 45 to 55 point 2nd liner. It does nobody any good to continually whine about this. b****ing constantly won't make Jokiharju a Blackhawk again. So STFU already and hope Nylander figures it out. 

Ah, the sweet tone of someone who realizes their beginning-of-the-year opinion was dead wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Ah, the sweet tone of someone who realizes their beginning-of-the-year opinion was dead wrong

What's funny is that I never liked that deal, as I thought that they gave up too much. However, I don't think Jokiharju is anything special either. He's your run of the mill 8 year pro bottom 4 defenseman. Nylander has more upside in his left pinky than Jokiharju does in his entire body. Jokiharju is much safer though. Jokiharju will be an NHL player for a while, while Nylander could be a 1st line winger or completely wash out. Not that I ever agreed with it, but I understood the logic behind the trade. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What's funny is that I never liked that deal, as I thought that they gave up too much. However, I don't think Jokiharju is anything special either. He's your run of the mill 8 year pro bottom 4 defenseman. Nylander has more upside in his left pinky than Jokiharju does in his entire body. Jokiharju is much safer though. Jokiharju will be an NHL player for a while, while Nylander could be a 1st line winger or completely wash out. Not that I ever agreed with it, but I understood the logic behind the trade. 

A bottom 4 defenseman? Well gee, it's not like the Hawks could use a #3 or #4 defenseman or anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A bottom 4 defenseman? Well gee, it's not like the Hawks could use a #3 or #4 defenseman or anything

Their defensemen are fine. It's their forwards that are the problem in their own zone.

It is my belief that the problem with the Hawks defense is that their forwards arent good enough in their own end. I have very few complaints about their defensemen. 

Contrary to popular belief, playing defense in hockey is a team effort. The defensemen aren't the only players that defend. 

The Hawks don't need bottom 4 defensemen. They have plenty of those already. They need a bonafide #1. You don't get those unless you draft them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scary stuff with the Blues Bouwmeester last night, I hope he is ok
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×