southsider2k5

Official 2018-2019 NHL thread

Forsling and Murphy need to get back soon.  Rutta looked completely lost in the first game, I've never been a big fan of him.  And Manning is just bad.  That was a bad signing from the beginning and he proved it in the first game by keep going to the player and not the puck.

I will say it was great to see the stars of the team show up.  Toews looked fantastic.  Kane was bleh until the GW goal.  Seabrook was pretty good.

Edited by GGajewski18

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Hatty for #19!!! If he has a great year, it changes everything.

Still.in first place!

Maybe he’s eating meat again?!? :) 

Be interesting to see them against a good Leafs tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Tony said:

Maybe he’s eating meat again?!? :) 

:lol: Seriously. Still alot of bad hockey players we got, but can't say the stars (Toews and Kane) haven't shown up to start. That kid Jokiharju is gonna be a stud. Just a fantastic looking young defenseman at only 19!!

3 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Toews is so back.  Hawks are so back.  Let's go boys!

They don't have any depth. Toews and Kane can't carry them. Still not a playoff team when they start getting some injuries. I love the Hawks  have since I was kid listening on a transistor radio to the Hull Brothers, Pit Martin, Eric Nesterenko, Crow may be progressing but there's still a possibility he never comes back or is never the same if he does. Jokiharju looks legit. Would like Kahun to get some more minutes. PP needs to get going.

Still, getting 4 points on the road is a nice start.

Take it that the Blackhawks are playing a lot better so far this season than you guys thought that they would be?

That game was so so entertaining despite the outcome. 44 game winning streak when Toews and Kane score ends. Shades of Hawks Stanley Cup teams scoring not once but 2 times with an empty net. 4 minute PP Hawks looked terrible. Not gonna blame Ward except on the GWG .

Nice to see Kahun get 2 assists and Hayden get a goal. Murph won't be back probably until Xmas . Forsling hopefully soon . Any D men available ?

On 10/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, SoxAce said:

:lol: Seriously. Still alot of bad hockey players we got, but can't say the stars (Toews and Kane) haven't shown up to start. That kid Jokiharju is gonna be a stud. Just a fantastic looking young defenseman at only 19!!

Wait until Adam Boqvist comes up next year. He's better than Joki. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Wait until Adam Boqvist comes up next year. He's better than Joki. 

Oh I've liked him since the draft on here. I know how good he's going to be. 

geezus christ...granted it's still a point...but to give up a shorthanded goal in the last minute to tie and lose in OT.  That's the epitome of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

That DeBrincat - Toews - Kahun line is fun to watch...

And our defense is still a dumpster fire. Ward played great and we still lost.

20 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That DeBrincat - Toews - Kahun line is fun to watch...

And our defense is still a dumpster fire. Ward played great and we still lost.

I'd give my left nut to have the Panarin/Saad back...

Ward needs to keep his damn stick down when he goes from side to side. That was an easy 5-hole goal. 

Just sick to see the Wild score with 2 seconds left in the 2nd, 20 seconds left in the 3rd while short-handed, and then steal away the win in OT. Ugh.

1,000th game for one of the greatest Blackhawk players in Duncan Keith. What a career, what a player.