Official NHL COVID season thread

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Kaapo Kakko would be great but he'll probably go #2

Rangers have alot of wingers though. I wouldn't be shocked if they take Byram. If they do take Kakko, Hawks have alot of options they can go (Podkolzin, Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Dach, etc).

1 hour ago, justBLAZE said:

Dayum I got greedy there for a second.

Hughes is lock to go number 1, what about 2/3 ?

Same here, it was quite the range of emotions.  I figured we had no chance to move up, then got so excited, then disappointed it wasn't a top 2 pick. Would have been awesome to get Hughes or Kaako, but moving up from 12 to 3 at zero cost is great. And we jumped Colorado which was nice.in the long run.

13 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Rangers have alot of wingers though. I wouldn't be shocked if they take Byram. If they do take Kakko, Hawks have alot of options they can go (Podkolzin, Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Dach, etc).

This is the top defenseman, right?  Is this a guy who could plug and play with the Hawks right away and improve their defense, or he is more of an offensive guy?

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is the top defenseman, right?  Is this a guy who could plug and play with the Hawks right away and improve their defense, or he is more of an offensive guy?

2 way defensemen. Kid is a stud. He is not on that Dahlin tier, but he's been compared to a LH Drew Doughty. I'll take that.

Edited by SoxAce

16 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I hate when a team is clearly the best team in the league and then "chokes" in the playoffs. 

Oh well, NHL playoffs are always a crapshoot

Which is what makes the NHL so great. I can't stand the NBA, because for the most part the season and the playoffs are just a formality. 85-90% of the time, you could hand out the Larry O'Brien trophy before one regular season game has been played, and you'd be correct. What is the point of that and how in the hell is it even entertaining? 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Hard to watch and read about Byram and not get excited if he's the pick

Pretty much between he and Turcotte for me (whose being compared to Bergeron/Toews). Hawks can pick either guy and be sitting pretty for a long time. 

Edited by SoxAce

14 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pretty much between he and Turcotte for me (whose being compared to Bergeron/Toews). Hawks can pick either guy and be sitting pretty for a long time. 

Podkolzin is a little scary because of the Russia factor but he can play too

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

As a hockey fan, this final is gonna be fun. As a Blackhawks fan, this final SUCKS.

Seriously. It's the ultimate worst case scenario. I despise everything about Boston but you are not a true Hawks fan if you are rooting for fucking St. Louis. So go Boston I guess... and hope it's going to be their last title for the next 50+ years. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

Seriously. It's the ultimate worst case scenario. I despise everything about Boston but you are not a true Hawks fan if you are rooting for fucking St. Louis. So go Boston I guess... and hope it's going to be their last title for the next 50+ years. 

Exactly right Ace, I can never root to end the misery of Blues fans but fuck if I hate having to root for Boston to do it. Hoping it goes 7 and Boston wins to at least maximize the pain for Blues fans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tony changed the title to Official NHL COVID season thread