Official NHL COVID season thread

https://theathletic.com/2128190/2020/10/09/dominik-kubaliks-new-deal-and-corey-crawfords-fate-what-were-hearing/

To paraphrase, the Hawks were planning to buy out Smith but they can't because he's injured. 

This is just a colossal fuck up by Bowman, one that should cost him his job as the QO snafu cost Tallon his. 

I was in denial, as I refused to believe that a guy that built two cup winning teams was an absolute clown but I guess you haters were correct. 

Whack Bowman now. What an idiot. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

23 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

https://theathletic.com/2128190/2020/10/09/dominik-kubaliks-new-deal-and-corey-crawfords-fate-what-were-hearing/

To paraphrase, the Hawks were planning to buy out Smith but they can't because he's injured. 

This is just a colossal fuck up by Bowman, one that should cost him his job as the QO snafu cost Tallon his. 

I was in denial, as I refused to believe that a guy that built two cup winning teams was an absolute clown but I guess you haters were correct. 

Whack Bowman now. What an idiot. 

Yeah no shit

On 10/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, Tony said:

As they should have.

Not really, if they would have revolted then they're dumb fans. Taking a step back from 2016-2019 and re-building the defense would have been the better option. They could have kept Teravainen and Panarin in that scenario as they moved on from Seabrook and Hjalmarsson. They still would have had an incredible offense and been fun to watch while finishing around 8-12 and hoping for lottery luck, otherwise taking the best defenseman on the board or trading down. Plus, they could have received some decent D in trade for Seabrook and Hjalmarsson.  All they had to do really was trade Seabrook and Hjalmarsson and re-stock the defenseman pipeline. They could have signed some decent stopgaps as well if they wanted to. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Tony said:

So we’re clear, what you are suggesting is after the Blackhawks won their third Stanley Cup and we’re considered a dynasty by most, they should have immediately started the rebuild. The team that plays in the same building as the 90’s Bulls...

Is that what you were suggesting back then? Because if not, you’re full of fucking shit like always. Your act is SO goddamn old at this point. You want to act like the smartest guy in the room and time and time again it’s proven you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, it just takes way longer to figure it out than everyone else. 

Yes, I did. I was advocating trading Seabrook and Hjalmarsson then. It wouldn't have been a full rebuild, but more of a retool, kind of like Boston. Their D would have been really bad outside of Keith but they needed to do it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Pros: Zadorov is only 25, big, hits like a god damn brick, can clear the crease.

Cons: Zadorov is slow, Hawks traded one of their better defensive players and speed guys and still had to retain 1 million. 

Stan Bowman and the pro scouting (not their European scouting who are damn good) department are laughably bad. 

• 5 weeks later...