AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Team looks a helluva lot better with competent SP on most days.  If kopech can force himself up in couple months could be a fun late summer.  

Lopez needs to cut down on his walks but not much to critique other than that.  When he's throwing 97 he's got quite a bit of margin for error.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

29 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Team looks a helluva lot better with competent SP on most days.  If kopech can force himself up in couple months could be a fun late summer.  

Lopez needs to cut down on his walks but not much to critique other than that.  When he's throwing 97 he's got quite a bit of margin for error.  

How l0ng do you think his arm will last throwing 97 al the time? Also that is why he walks so many. Most pitchers cant throw at their max and have good control. 

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

How l0ng do you think his arm will last throwing 97 al the time? Also that is why he walks so many. Most pitchers cant throw at their max and have good control. 

I'd rather he comes out full bore and tries to improve on his delivery at 96-97 then come out half assed and try and "save it".  I have no idea how durable Reynaldo will be in his career, seems a fool's errand trying to predict how a pitcher's arm will hold up.  Look at Ohtani or Sale...

Edited by chitownsportsfan

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd rather he comes out full bore and tries to improve on his delivery at 96-97 then come out half assed and try and "save it".  I have no idea how durable Reynaldo will be in his career, seems a fool's errand trying to predict how a pitcher's arm will hold up.  Look at Ohtani or Sale...

Yes. Others who try to throw too hard too often. I would rather the marathoner not try to sprint all the time. It will increase the stress on his arm. Why take the chance. Besides this also provides the poor control. He needs to learn how to pitch not just throw otherwise he will never learn. This is a developmental year.

Ohtani is currently injured and you dont see Sale throw 100 throughout the whole game even though he can hit it.

Edited by ptatc

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

Yes. Others who try to throw too hard too often. I would rather the marathoner not try to sprint all the time. It will increase the stress on his arm. Why take the chance. Besides this also provides the poor control. He needs to learn how to pitch not just throw otherwise he will never learn. This is a developmental year.

Ohtani is currently injured and you dont see Sale throw 100 throughout the whole game even though he can hit it.

I bet Reylo can hit 100.  97 is not his max by any means. 

5 hours ago, ptatc said:

That's why I think this rebuild is tricky. Are we gonna waste two or three seasons on Lopez's arm? Wear and tear as we lose? These pitchers have a short shelf life nowadays with surgery imminent. I'd prefer we speed the rebuild while some of these pitchers still have live arms.

Sox won 2 of 3 at Boston who had the most home wins in baseball.

White Sox hit 0 HR's in the series so the bullpen matched it by not allowing a run the whole series.

Yolmer leading the league in triples and Abreu in doubles.

Anderson great game showing off the wheels, range and batting eye.

Palka showing why i call it Palkamania with the Hulk Hogan flex after his big hit after the Abreu IBB . 2 doubles one at 107 other one 116 MPH. His 2 ground outs were at 112.8 and 113.7 !

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

That's why I think this rebuild is tricky. Are we gonna waste two or three seasons on Lopez's arm? Wear and tear as we lose? These pitchers have a short shelf life nowadays with surgery imminent. I'd prefer we speed the rebuild while some of these pitchers still have live arms.

It's not wear and tear or wasting 2 or 3 years on Lopez's arm. Young pitchers need time to build up their innings in order to be able to pitch in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox won 2 of 3 at Boston who had the most home wins in baseball.

White Sox hit 0 HR's in the series so the bullpen matched it by not allowing a run the whole series.

Yolmer leading the league in triples and Abreu in doubles.

Anderson great game showing off the wheels, range and batting eye.

Palka showing why i call it Palkamania with the Hulk Hogan flex after his big hit after the Abreu IBB . 2 doubles one at 107 other one 116 MPH. His 2 ground outs were at 112.8 and 113.7 !

Living in New England most of the year, I loved this series. But I tend to focus only on the young players.  I was really impressed w Covey and lopez since they picthed so well on the road in a tough ballpark. Pen was outstanding. But obviously disappointed in Moncada 2-13 w 6 k's but he saw a lot of left-handed pitching. Anderson was 2-10 w 4K's so not a lot better.  Hopefully they have sent Boston into a downward spiral. 

18 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

It's not wear and tear or wasting 2 or 3 years on Lopez's arm. Young pitchers need time to build up their innings in order to be able to pitch in the playoffs. 

Hope you are right. He's looked pretty damn good of late. Hate to see him pitch a full season of 96 mph fastballs in 2019 when the team blows.