Observations about AZL White Sox

Y2Jimmy0

I got a late start but I'm in the process of writing the 2018 DSL Preview. This is the team roster: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?y=2018&sid=milb&t=t_ibp&cid=633

They obviously haven't had a ton of international signings of late. This roster doesn't really have many exciting pieces because of it. Aruban SS Jerrick Francees and C Jefferson Mendoza were signings from this year that are on the current roster. SS Sydney Pimentel and SS Camilo Quintero were also signed during this period but are not on the roster. What this tells me is that the Low-Rookie Level AZL Affiliate will be super young and really fun. 3B Ramon Beltre and SS Lenyn Sosa were in affiliated ball last year. Sosa and Beltre could honestly be in AZL or Great Falls. Catcher Kleyder Sanchez was good in the DSL last year and was mentioned by Ben Badler as a sleeper prospect. He's likely in Arizona. Many of the 2017 signings are likely there as well. We will release the AZL Preview from the official roster is released but there's a solid chance that the following players will be on that squad:

C Kleyder Sanchez (2016 intl signing)

SS Camilo Quintero (2018 intl signing)

OF Anderson Comas (2017)

OF Josue Guerrero (2017)

OF Luis Mieses (2017)

OF Anthony Coronado (2017)

RHP Jenderrson Caraballo (2017)

RHP Brayan Herrera (2017)

Ramon Pineda (RHP)

Seeing some of these guys stateside will be pretty cool in my opinion. Added to that bunch will be 2017 8th rounder Sam Abbott and the HS guys that were drafted this year: 3B Lency Delgado, OF Cabera Weaver, SS Kelvin Maldonado. 

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I got a late start but I'm in the process of writing the 2018 DSL Preview. This is the team roster: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?y=2018&sid=milb&t=t_ibp&cid=633

They obviously haven't had a ton of international signings of late. This roster doesn't really have many exciting pieces because of it. Aruban SS Jerrick Francees and C Jefferson Mendoza were signings from this year that are on the current roster. SS Sydney Pimentel and SS Camilo Quintero were also signed during this period but are not on the roster. What this tells me is that the Low-Rookie Level AZL Affiliate will be super young and really fun. 3B Ramon Beltre and SS Lenyn Sosa were in affiliated ball last year. Sosa and Beltre could honestly be in AZL or Great Falls. Catcher Kleyder Sanchez was good in the DSL last year and was mentioned by Ben Badler as a sleeper prospect. He's likely in Arizona. Many of the 2017 signings are likely there as well. We will release the AZL Preview from the official roster is released but there's a solid chance that the following players will be on that squad:

C Kleyder Sanchez (2016 intl signing)

SS Camilo Quintero (2018 intl signing)

OF Anderson Comas (2017)

OF Josue Guerrero (2017)

OF Luis Mieses (2017)

OF Anthony Coronado (2017)

RHP Jenderrson Caraballo (2017)

RHP Brayan Herrera (2017)

Ramon Pineda (RHP)

Seeing some of these guys stateside will be pretty cool in my opinion. Added to that bunch will be 2017 8th rounder Sam Abbott and the HS guys that were drafted this year: 3B Lency Delgado, OF Cabera Weaver, SS Kelvin Maldonado. 

Yeah when DSL started and I didn’t see ...basically any of last years team I got super excited. Seemed like the 2016 class had potential, to see them all not repeat was some nod to that.

Really excited for reports on Kleydar Sanchez to hear on reports there. Coronado moves at end of last year but had real power already showing up in games at 17.

I do wonder if this is the Sox also being more confident in their cultural assimilation work with Anthony(?) Santiago I’m moving this many at once to the states.