White Sox vs Indians

Heads22

Just now, Kalapse said:

He's getting down in the count early and just giving up on at bats. He needs to at least sit for a few games, there's just nothing there. 

Yep not trying to shorten up, not trying to go to left. When's the last time he drove a ball hard to left field batting lefty?  It's impossible because he's flying open.

Gio isn't completely back but he's getting there. I'll know he's back when his curve is back, fastball velo is right around 94+ and he's getting his K's (he's always been a strikeout pitcher). But he's looked so much better the past couple of starts. The fact he came back from 3-0 and got Ramirez was pretty damn good.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep not trying to shorten up, not trying to go to left. When's the last time he drove a ball hard to left field batting lefty?  It's impossible because he's flying open.

I agree with your overall premise but he had a great oppo swing and was robbed of a hit in, I believe the 2nd game of the Bosox series. 

Just now, Kalapse said:

I agree with your overall premise but he had a great oppo swing and was robbed of a hit in, I believe the 2nd game of the Bosox series. 

Wasn't that just a massive jam shot off of Kimbrel?  Didn't see second half of game though.

Just now, Tony said:

The odds were somewhat good this would eventually happen. There has never been even a whisper that he was hurt. Even the most amateur of fan could see his mechanics were all sorts of messed up as the season began. Based on his previous pedigree, being 23 years old and having probably the worst catching duo in baseball to start 2018, all of that added up was a recipe for disaster.

The biggest thing has been, and always will be mechanics. If he can sort that out, Gio still is going to play a big role in this rebuild. I really believe that. 

He still is a work in progress. Way better tonight, but he still seems to lose it every fourth batter or so. 

Wasn't that just a massive jam shot off of Kimbrel?  Didn't see second half of game though.

I thought that when it was hit but he pulled the hands in, it was intentional and good. 

He still is a work in progress. Way better tonight, but he still seems to lose it every fourth batter or so. 

At least tonight looks a lot more like a major league pitcher, still more walks than necessary, but at least we are getting some swings and misses and some velocity.

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

Gio just loses his release point so consistently, it feels like they should be able to find the hitch in his delivery that's causing it. 

I'm sure they have and told him about it and worked on it in side sessions but it is up to him to do that in the game

Bennetti just couldn't help it.. had to pull out his signature

jinx.

Not saying what he says has any real outcome on the game of course.. but he may be the worse of all time. Annoys the living fuck out of me.

Edited by harkness99