White Sox vs Indians

Heads22

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You guys are overreacting re. Moncada. I know greg repeats himself a lot, but Moncada is the real deal. He's got the weapons (tools) for sure. Why does he struggle? Maybe cause it's hard to 100 percent be there every night when each game means nothing. Relax. Rate him and Timmy when the games matter. Let him play ball now and enjoy the highlights. He's the real deal. Who cares how he does now? He's still gonna have enuf great games he'll have the numbers at the end.

The games won't matter until these guys become good baseball players. You think wins just come out of thin air? 

3 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

He did mention that he had read it from a Passan article.

So he decided to start talking about baseball during a baseball game? What an absolute child.

At least Moncada didn't strike out against a LHP...Sanchez, Moncada and Anderson all settling down into the low 700's for OPS.

That's not (nearly) good enough for Timmy and Yoan.   Need to be at least 750 ops'ers to achieve the type of impact we need out of both of them.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At least Moncada didn't strike out against a LHP...Sanchez, Moncada and Anderson all settling down into the low 700's for OPS.

That's not (nearly) good enough for Timmy and Yoan.   Need to be at least 750 ops'ers to achieve the type of impact we need out of both of them.

Yeah yolmer doesn't have the bat to be a full time 3rd baseman. Definitely better off as a utility player and opens up 3rd for a power bat the next two offseasons.  As for Yoan, not a lot to say. He needs to stop reading the press clippings and work on getting better.

19 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Only real good thing I see from tonight’s game is the pen was good again.. 

Despite the results, if you're not encouraged with what you saw from Giolito you're nuts. He actually looked like an MLB pitcher when he had his release point, They've rebuilt his delivery. It's going to take time. They can afford to work with him at the MLB level with muscle memory/repeating his delivery because they aren't trying to win.  If you just focus on stuff and how many times he loses his release point without worrying about results, it's easy to see the progress. I'm pretty sure that Hahn and Coop don't care about results yet, they're more concerned about him repeating his delivery, throwing strikes and regaining his stuff. Once they're confident he has his new delivery down pat, then they can worry about results. It might take until June or July of next year to get to that point. They can afford to be patient.  When he loses his release point, his velo goes down, he walks people and gets hit hard. Who cares really? The games don't matter. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Greg, this may surprise you but I agree with you 100%. Good post!

I will disagree. I would doubt a young player is coasting becuase his team is lousy. If he, as we often hear, has a connection to Abreu, then he would see the effort Jose puts out. He is just struggling but he is young. Some guys arrive ready to play at this level and others take time. Hopefully he will arrive this season.