GT: Indians @ White Sox - 7:10/8:10ET

Eminor3rd

20 minutes ago, pcq said:

Stoney has gotten old and confused. Benetti is not one bit clever or funny but will be around for 30 years or so. I wish they would shut it with the donation requests. 

I've really gotten tired of Benetti.  Not saying he's terrible...but just sick of the bs.  Just call the goddamn game would ya! Seems to me Stone has heard some criticism and is starting to drop the "grab ass" routine somewhat.  But Benetti...Sox are stuck with him...for a long LONG time.  Him and his annoying "Ho-say"  (Jose) crap...drives  me nuts!

2 minutes ago, Wanne said:

I've really gotten tired of Benetti.  Not saying he's terrible...but just sick of the bs.  Just call the goddamn game would ya! Seems to me Stone has heard some criticism and is starting to drop the "grab ass" routine somewhat.  But Benetti...Sox are stuck with him...for a long LONG time.  Him and his annoying "Ho-say"  (Jose) crap...drives  me nuts!

I was enjoying his wrestling broadcast and then he awkwardly asked Stone if he's ever  "jumped the shark"

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

then you take that, come on kid.

We talked about this, but hopefully next year he changes his two strike approach to protect more and try cutting and slashing. We know no changes are happening this year.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

He has been in the majors for less than 2 full seasons.  

He just passed the two year mark a few days ago. I missed out on the progress that Rick GM was praising him for. I don't mind that he's not a prospect but I won't pretend that he is. He is no better than Sanchez. 

1 minute ago, pcq said:

He just passed the two year mark a few days ago. I missed out on the progress that Rick GM was praising him for. I don't mind that he's not a prospect but I won't pretend that he is. He is no better than Sanchez. 

having average cheap regulars is a good thing.  Ask almost every single sox team post 2008, that seemingly could never find enough.

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

The difference being Yolmer is at his ceiling.  Anderson is not.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pulling off like crazy. The 2-0 pitch he got should have been massacred also.

Need more swings like the first where he stayed inside the ball and hit it to straight away center.  He also hit one up the middle yesterday, but it was knocked down by the pitcher and he got out.  I would like to see more swings for up the middle or the other way...his best home runs are to LCF & CF.

Needs to be more aggressive early in the count as well. (which I think I saw someone said Abreu mentioned to him) to make pitchers change their strategy. This would help bring back up his walk rate because the pitchers will stop throwing first pitch fastball strikes.  Needs to get that % back up.