Immigration thread

StrangeSox

Imagine the absolute human garbage you have to be to separate an 8-month child from it's parents. 

The Democratic Party should be doing everything in their power to stop this and when they gain control of the government and Presidency they should open investigations into this and starting putting people in prison.  The only way this kind of stuff is going to stop in this country is if people are held accountable for their actions.  That should include everyone from ICE that was involved in this.  From the top to the bottom.

No, no. They separated a 4 month old child. The dad immediately dropped his asylum claim and was deported so he could get his child back. The government has continued to hold on to the infant for another 4 months. The parents get a weekly Skype call, so that's nice.

This is part of the reason for the child separation policy. Get asylum seekers to immediately drop their requests in exchange for not shipping their children to some random spot in the country, possibly even losing track of them.

Abolish ICE and send everyone responsible to prison. Maybe we can build them a tent city in the desert to live out their lives in.

Edited by StrangeSox

Even if you believe in all the Brietbart "those damn illegals are stealing our jobs and ruining our economy" BS, I can't imagine how anyone could be ok with this. And this isn't solely a Trump thing, but the way this country has handled illegal immigrants, especially children too young to make their own decisions, has always been sickening. 

Using scared to death, innocent kids as political pawns tells you all you need to know about Trump and his idiot followers. Scum of the earth.

There's a story out about a guard at one of these "camps" who quit when he was told not to let siblings hug each other. 

I always thought America stood for something much better. I was wrong.

Edited by Dick Allen

Apparently the rule of law was fine to skirt the first year and few months of this administration. Awful human beings. Democrat law my ass. A law passed by Congress signed by George W. Bush. Obama used catch and release, Trump uses kids to try to get the wall that he claimed Mexico would pay for, built. They are actually arresting and separating before they actually cross the border. They ask for asylum and get placed under arrest. 

Edited by Dick Allen

On 6/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, StrangeSox said:

The caseload is straining a facility he described as understaffed and unequipped to deal with children experiencing trauma, such as the three Brazilians. During his time at the shelter, children were running away, screaming, throwing furniture and attempting suicide, Davidson said. Several were being monitored this week because they were at risk of running away, self-harm and suicide, records show.

Key paragraph in the LA Times reporting...

34 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Immigrants into Mexico are routinely abused, kidnapped, and murdered. So awful.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/15/immigrants-mexico-abused-kidnapped/85798440/

Are you trying to support what Trump's administration is doing?

Because otherwise Im not sure what the relevance is. Just because someone else is more horrific, doesnt justify doing horrible things. 

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Are you trying to support what Trump's administration is doing?

Because otherwise Im not sure what the relevance is. Just because someone else is more horrific, doesnt justify doing horrible things. 

No, I'm not supporting Trump, I'm bringing up the worldwide struggle of immigrants in the immigration thread.

Italy refuses a ship of refugees needing help:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/06/moral-compass-lost-uncertainty-aquarius-refugees-180612135110967.html

28 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

No, I'm not supporting Trump, I'm bringing up the worldwide struggle of immigrants in the immigration thread.

Italy refuses a ship of refugees needing help:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/06/moral-compass-lost-uncertainty-aquarius-refugees-180612135110967.html

Yeah most countries are completely fucked when it comes to immigration. Some of my relatives were on the last boat accepted in the US that came from Nazi Germany. Back then Americans werent too enthusiastic about taking immigrants, refugees, from Europe. 

That is why it is so important that Americans fight with all of their power to protect immigrants. Because almost every one of us have a family member (no matter how distant) who came here with the hope and idea that they would be accepted and have a chance at a better life. We lose what it is to be an American when we fail to fight for those who are in need.

Edited by Soxbadger

9 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Yeah most countries are completely fucked when it comes to immigration. Some of my relatives were on the last boat accepted in the US that came from Nazi Germany. Back then Americans werent too enthusiastic about taking immigrants, refugees, from Europe. 

That is why it is so important that Americans fight with all of their power to protect immigrants. Because almost every one of us have a family member (no matter how distant) who came here with the hope and idea that they would be accepted and have a chance at a better life. We lose what it is to be an American when we fail to fight for those who are in need.

It's only going to get worse when the climate crisis kicks into high gear imo. We'll see some Children of Men style stuff. Italy's recent elections resulted in coalition of right wing and some explicitly pro-fascist groups coming into power already. Hungary's gone full fasc, too.

Meanwhile, the administration is again going on TV and lying about their own policies. Also, comparing their child concentration camps to....how we hold chattel live stock? And they think this is a favorable comparison?

10 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Same. They were then mistreated for months.

• Quin locked this topic
  • Quin unlocked this topic