Immigration thread

StrangeSox

12 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

They are probably going to try and attach it to some crazy immigration bill and then when Dems don't vote for it, they will blame Democrats for it.

Wait until the real atrocities come out from this.  I believe Its still a mystery where all the young girls are.  Either way, its going to be those pesky democrats who have zero control over any branch of the government.  Or Obama, who isnt currently in office, or Hillary who was never in office, or Bill Clinton who was president in the 90's

this is going to be a long nightmare.   Getting some of these kids back with their parents...it just breaks my heart.   I  couldnt imagine someone doing this to me and my kids and what my kids would be feeling

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

this is going to be a long nightmare.   Getting some of these kids back with their parents...it just breaks my heart.   I  couldnt imagine someone doing this to me and my kids and what my kids would be feeling

Hundreds if not thousands will be permanently separated. They had and have no plan or procedure for reunification. Just look at Kelly's dismissive comments last month--"the children will go to foster care or wherever"

These families are being permanently destroyed and these children permanently psychologically traumatized.

I was driving to Topeka and listened to Limbaugh today for the first time in a while. I listed to a couple segments in between listening to Sirius' Beatles Channel and Christian music radio so don't act like I am Limbaugh-nik or addict. He blamed the Demos and media for this mess saying Trump had nothing to do with the separation of kids from their parents. He said it was the law and Congress had to change the law. He said he is sick at the left's doing all they can day after day to blame Trump for everything.  Is this all true? They also played an interview of Baldwin with a border patrol guy who said they have been taking care of 12 year old kids who have been sent to the USA alone despite the fact parents of these kids know the kids will be assaulted sexually. It was pretty riveting, sad, sick stuff.

40 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I was driving to Topeka and listened to Limbaugh today for the first time in a while. I listed to a couple segments in between listening to Sirius' Beatles Channel and Christian music radio so don't act like I am Limbaugh-nik or addict. He blamed the Demos and media for this mess saying Trump had nothing to do with the separation of kids from their parents. He said it was the law and Congress had to change the law. He said he is sick at the left's doing all they can day after day to blame Trump for everything.  Is this all true? They also played an interview of Baldwin with a border patrol guy who said they have been taking care of 12 year old kids who have been sent to the USA alone despite the fact parents of these kids know the kids will be assaulted sexually. It was pretty riveting, sad, sick stuff.

He’s echoing talking points. Kelly and Miller are quoted that they put this policy in place. It wasn’t in place before trump was in office. It has nothing to do with any laws. 

32 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

He’s echoing talking points. Kelly and Miller are quoted that they put this policy in place. It wasn’t in place before trump was in office. It has nothing to do with any laws. 

Man, maybe fake news does exist. I don't know who to believe.

24 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/zero-tolerance-border-crisis-immigration-trump-obama-detention-centers-2018-6

If this is true (which I really dont know), then Obama should be taking hits too.

Obama's handling of the child migrant influx in 2013 and 2014 was pretty bad and also included large "detention centers" and cages for children. He was also criticized at the time:

Edited by StrangeSox

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Man, maybe fake news does exist. I don't know who to believe.

Greg, seriously dude.  You need to learn the difference between opinion and news.  Rush Limbaugh is not a policy expert.  He's not a journalist.  He's just spouting opinions.  Rush Limbaugh is not the news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Trump’s self-made Katrina.  Stuff like this is going to haunt him forever with female voters (read mothers), any Millennials not already in the Dem camp, the Hispanic vote will look like A-A for Obama in 2008.

He just gifted the House back to the Dems, and pissed off a subsegment of his own base for caving on their #1 issue.

54 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Trumps EO is the most significant presidential move on immigration in half a century according to Trump.

He conveniently bypassed the Reagan and GW Bush moves...but I actually prefer the video of HFC leader Mark Meadows shouting at Paul Ryan over the two immigration bills that are political hot potatoes pending in Congress today.

• Quin locked this topic
  • Quin unlocked this topic