Immigration thread

StrangeSox

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/trump-immigration-trade-rhetoric/index.html

Trump attempts to double down by ratcheting up the rhetoric

We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country," Trump wrote in a tweet that hammered undocumented migrants on Sunday.

"When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order," he wrote.

The President also intensified his assault on trade -- like immigration, a pillar of his 2016 election campaign -- a few weeks ahead of a trip to Europe looming as yet another clash with America's closest allies.

"The United States is insisting that all countries that have placed artificial Trade Barriers and Tariffs on goods going into their country, remove those Barriers & Tariffs or be met with more than Reciprocity by the U.S.A.," he wrote. "Trade must be fair and no longer a one way street!"

Indications over the weekend however were that the steps the administration is using to deal with the human toll of separations will cause a new round of controversy.

CNN's Tal Kopan, citing an administration official, reported that immigrants in detention were being offered the chance to sign voluntary deportation orders to be removed from the country more quickly than if they waited for a judge.
In the case of parents separated from their kids, they're also told that if they sign the paperwork, then they will be reunited -- if they choose to be -- before they are deported from the country.
Edited by caulfield12

An Oregon woman who works for the Department of Transportation was suspended after she allegedly made remarks on Facebook calling for illegal immigrants to be shot at the Mexican border.

The department announced on Thursday that a member of staff had been placed on leave after the post was widely shared on social media.

Lori McAllen, who has since deleted all of her social media accounts, reportedly wrote on Facebook: “I personally think they should shoot them all at the border and call it good… it’ll save us hardworking AMERICANS billions of dollars on our taxes !! ;)”

The offensive post was shared along with her Twitter bio, which read: “I don’t have room in my heart for drama, disrespect or hate.. either love your life or make a change!”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/22/oregon-dot-employee-suspended-after-facebook-post-calling-on-immigrants-to-be-shot.html

Since she’s blonde and fairly attractive, does she get a Trump admin job or Fox News offer first? 

On 6/23/2018 at 8:35 PM, raBBit said:

He got lambasted. Lefties and righties alike. He thinks pedofilia is an acceptable and normal part of Hollywood which he always thinks he’s a part of. 

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AND HOW ARE YOU MODS LETTING HIM CONTINUE TO SAY THIS?

I'm really fucking disappointed in balta, ss, and the rest of the mod team right now. This is despicable. 

I'm locking this thread for now. Theres's a difference between political discussion and petty personal attacks. If someone wants to make another immigration discussion thread, go ahead. This one's done.

• Quin unlocked this topic
  • Quin locked this topic